Why Single Actions?

This is a discussion on Why Single Actions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How can you not like SA revolvers, especially Colt SAA's and their clones? Thats like not liking America, or apple pie, or Elvis, or a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Why Single Actions?

How can you not like SA revolvers, especially Colt SAA's and their clones?

Thats like not liking America, or apple pie, or Elvis, or a '57 Chevy!

If money was free flowing for me, I would gladly have at least 3-5 SAA's in my collection. Till then, I'll have to wait before I can pretend to be in "The Magnificent Seven"!

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyBottoms View Post
    How can you not like SA revolvers, especially Colt SAA's and their clones?

Thats like not liking America, or apple pie, or Elvis, or a '57 Chevy!

If money was free flowing for me, I would gladly have at least 3-5 SAA's in my collection. Till then, I'll have to wait before I can pretend to be in "The Magnificent Seven"!
    Ya like old Colt's, take a look at some of these (and old Winchesters & Marlins).
    HISTORIC FIREARMS AUCTION
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

VIP Member
    I can see where the question comes from, if you are just pontificating the technical aspects of a double-action vs. single-action revolver.

However, unless you have handled and shot a Colt SAA or similar model (Vaquero pictured below), you cannot appreciate how it balances, points and shoots. It is the most natural shooting handgun that I've ever handled.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Ya like old Colt's, take a look at some of these (and old Winchesters & Marlins).
    HISTORIC FIREARMS AUCTION

Holy smokes.............

I had no idea such a site existed! Man, I need to win the lotto or take up bank robbery to afford those beauties!

Quote Originally Posted by DustyBottoms View Post
    Holy smokes.............

I had no idea such a site existed! Man, I need to win the lotto or take up bank robbery to afford those beauties!
    I've heard of penny pinching but you would have to pinch coal into diamonds for those beauties. Haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    I love mine....and I think it is just about American heritage, and the romance of the "old West".....they are very popular here
    in AZ for all types of shooting.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

SEMPER PARATUS

I enjoy having my SA Ruger Super Blackhawk. It's a tank. A well balanced tank that is fun to shoot, and makes for a good trail gun. With little training, you can easily get into the habit of cocking the hammer as you draw. In fact, I also cock the hammer on my DA S&W revolver when I draw it. It's an instinctive reaction for me.

Most importantly though, the history and the simplicity of the SA revolvers makes them popular. They look nice, and they go bang more often than not.

I don't feel undergunned with a SA revolver while in the woods. Realistically, if I get attacked by a predator, I'll only get one or two shots off before we are physically fighting tooth to fist.

I have a 45 lc Vaquero with a seven and a half inch barrel. I like it for both the nostalgia and its fun to shoot. It also packs a real wallop pushing a 250 gn bullet at 800 FPS. That's a big chunk of lead. I plan on taking mine hog hunting this fall.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links