Cz2075 rami vs cz75 compact vs bersa thunder 9uc

This is a discussion on Cz2075 rami vs cz75 compact vs bersa thunder 9uc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im set on a 9mm double action/single action, exposed hammer fired gun for my first carry weapon. (don't have my license yet). I was set ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Cz2075 rami vs cz75 compact vs bersa thunder 9uc

Im set on a 9mm double action/single action, exposed hammer fired gun for my first carry weapon. (don't have my license yet).
    I was set on the rami. A local gun store has a 2075 bd for $705. It's the de-cocker model with night sights. I held the .40 model at a store and it felt great but they didn't have a 9mm. This price just seems like a lot though I could get one from impactguns for a bit cheaper.
    I also saw a cz75 compact and it didn't seem much bigger and it was much cheaper. Is this a better alternative?
    I am 5'8" 135 pounds so I'm thinking it'll be somewhat difficult to conceal a gun if it's not small.

Also liked the bersa thunder 9 but it seems like its a cheaper gun and I've read mixed things about bersa. Some say they are great and others say they are cheap and won't last long. i do like the price and the fact that is has an accessory rail. Seems like there are practically no accessories for those two cz's. Although the p01 does have a rail. I just think I'd be interested in a light/ laser light combo later on.

I'm also open to other suggestions if they are sa/da guns.

VIP Member
    I would take the either of th CZ pistols over the Bersa simply because I know their reliability and accuracy. But, if I HAD to take the Bersa, I would not be upset. The Rami with night sights for $700 is a little high, but not outrageously.

If you are looking at da/sa you should certainly look at Sig. The classic P series is classic for good reason.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I can't speak directly about the CZ75 Compact, but my full-size CZ75B is a fine gun. Low recoil and accurate, slim grip for a double-stack, and the cocked-and-lock option makes it a winner in my book.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronp View Post
    Im set on a 9mm double action/single action, exposed hammer fired gun for my first carry weapon. (don't have my license yet).
    I was set on the rami. A local gun store has a 2075 bd for $705. It's the de-cocker model with night sights. I held the .40 model at a store and it felt great but they didn't have a 9mm. This price just seems like a lot though I could get one from impactguns for a bit cheaper.
    I also saw a cz75 compact and it didn't seem much bigger and it was much cheaper. Is this a better alternative?
    I am 5'8" 135 pounds so I'm thinking it'll be somewhat difficult to conceal a gun if it's not small.

Also liked the bersa thunder 9 but it seems like its a cheaper gun and I've read mixed things about bersa. Some say they are great and others say they are cheap and won't last long. i do like the price and the fact that is has an accessory rail. Seems like there are practically no accessories for those two cz's. Although the p01 does have a rail. I just think I'd be interested in a light/ laser light combo later on.

I'm also open to other suggestions if they are sa/da guns.
    Believe me, those "things" you read about Bersa "not last long" are from people who not only never owned one but, most likely, never held one. Bersa Thunder 9/40 are military-grade weapons. Probably, the best value in its class.

You can do your research here: Bersa Chat Forum

And here: Bersa Forum

Said that, I have to admit that Rami fits my small hand better than Bersa (which is a little too "fat" for me.)

Cannot you just go out and buy all three?
    BurgerBoy likes this.

TJx
    The Bersa has a internal lock that eliminates it from consideration for me + it's a 380.
    I love my CZ75B so CZ all the way.

Can't speak for the reliability of the CZ 2075 RAMI BD, but I'm familiar with the CZ P-01 9mm (BD/decocker type, similar to the 2075 BD).

Very similar to the CZ 75 Compact D PCR, the CZ P-01 is a wonderful gun, extremely reliable. Yes, it's a bit larger. Yes, you'll need a great belt and holster, to keep it well concealed. And, yes, with "bean pole" 5'8" proportions you might well find that without the right clothing it'll be hard to conceal a gun that's approaching 7" in length. Many do, but it takes the right combination of clothing, holster/belt, carry mode/position.

As for size (holstered), the 2075 RAMI is noticeably more compact than the P-01 / PCR variants. All of them are double-stack, sure, but the overall dimensions makes a decent difference when attempting to carry concealed, particularly if your clothing choices don't allow for much leeway.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Haven't owned a Bersa 9, but have owned their Thunder .380 and .45. I found both guns to be deadly accurate, absolutely reliable, and excellent values for the money. In fact, for me, the .45 was ergonomically head and shoulders above any of my other handguns. The best part might be that you can use them for their intended purposes and not have to worry about it like you might a higher-priced gun.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by USASGT View Post
    Haven't owned a Bersa 9, but have owned their Thunder .380 and .45. I found both guns to be deadly accurate, absolutely reliable, and excellent values for the money. In fact, for me, the .45 was ergonomically head and shoulders above any of my other handguns.
    Handled a Bersa Thunder Ultra Pro .45ACP the other day and was hugely impressed. Had been looking for a Thunder UC 9mm, but none were in stock. Much like the CZ over the past 20+ yrs, the Bersa seems to have a great following of people who swear to its durability, reliability and underrated value.
    BurgerBoy and Pukindog12 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

a Rami is on my list of guns I regret selling. loved it.

you asked for other similar sized DA/SA options; have a look a the Beretta PX4SC. I think they stopped putting those terrible superluminova sights on them as well. $452 shipped from Bud's with standard sights and I think you can get trijicons.

I enjoy DA/SA as well. Carry a P229 sometimes. But normally it's a striker for me.
    Azchief likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I got the p - 01 for my first carry gun. It's just about the same as a compact. It's an awesome pistol. But two things I found out quick with the gun, it was too heavy and bulky to easily be carried and concealed. It's really close to a full size gun, plus even with it being made from aircraft aluminum its still a little hefty. Now it is still my favorite gun and the best I've held or shot so far ( although my recent experience with glocks may be changing that ). It will deff not be my last CZ for sure.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    I've owned several Bersa. Several Thunder380 and a Thunder40. They are well built and reliable. While their machine work may not be as refined as higher priced guns, they are well worth the money spent on them.

As to the CZ, you can't go wrong with one. I have 2 RAMI (9mm&.40) a 75 Compact in 9mm, the P-06 (.40) and P-01 (9mm) as well as a CZ82. They're wel built, accurate and have great ergonomics. The $700. price tag on the RAMI was way over the top. CZ MSRP is only $660., actual retail should be in the $550-600 range. There are actually 3 different CZ75 compacts, depending on which one you looked at. The &% Compact is a safety model, steel frame. The Compact PCR is an alloy frame with decocker, and the P-01 is alloy frame with decocker and light rails.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Bersa:
    Barrel 3.25"
    Length 6.25"
    Height 4.75"
    Width 1.45"

Rami:
    Barrel 3"
    Length6.5"
    Height 4.7"
    Width 1.25

Well it seems as if the thunder is much better value. Thanks for sharing the positive experiences with the bersas. Idk if I can constitute an extra Couple hundred bucks for a gun just cause it has few more rave reviews. Plus I think the bersa looks better, especially in the duotone, than the rami and it has a tactical rail. I think this might end up being my ccw

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Handled a Bersa Thunder Ultra Pro .45ACP the other day and was hugely impressed. Had been looking for a Thunder UC 9mm, but none were in stock. Much like the CZ over the past 20+ yrs, the Bersa seems to have a great following of people who swear to its durability, reliability and underrated value.
    I had the same problem. They had the thunder .380 and the .40 but no 9mm. The .40 felt great in my hands though. I could even get my pinky on it with the clip in

The Bersa Thunder 9 is fantastic. You won't be disappointed.

Mine is great feeling in the hand and super accurate and reliable as well. CZ's are fine guns also but for me the choice would be Bersa.

The Thunder 9 is used as a military and police carry gun in Argentina. It's basically a copy of the Walther P88 which many consider to be one of the finest 9mm guns ever made.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links