New carry gun - Page 2

New carry gun

This is a discussion on New carry gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For me anyway, I've found the Glock 26 easier to hide if I'm tucking my shirt. I use an MTAC holster along with a 5.11 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New carry gun

For me anyway, I've found the Glock 26 easier to hide if I'm tucking my shirt. I use an MTAC holster along with a 5.11 casual belt.
    Question Everything!

I live in ATL and IWB carry my G19/23. I use a Remora holster which requires no belt. It doesn't use an uncomfortable clip either. Just stays in place at whatever angle suits you. I mainly wear khaki shorts and a t-shirt.

I'm in Fla, Glock 19 is no problem for me with the proper IWB holster, I wear T-shirts but not tucked in.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

For steamy FL, both the polymer options you mention are good. They stand up well to abuse and adverse conditions, are reliable and easily maintained, and parts are readily available. Try both out if you can and give a lot of thought to what size pistol you will be able to most easily conceal with your everyday dress.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

I carry a full size Glock 22 very easily in summer weather in your basic OWB Glock Sport Combat holster. I have no issues with the grip as the holster holds it high and tight. I do have to wear a slightly longer shirt to keep the longer barrel covered. A good belt such as this one by Jeff Hayes is a must.

Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I wear jeans and a tucked in shirt at work, the best thing I have found is an lcr in the front pocket. I'm also about to get a pps and plan to try it out in the front pocket. My jeans are a little snug, and it still works well, if you wear loser fitting pants it would be easy to do

I live in louisiana btw, I laugh a little when people talk about heat and concealment

A Glock 19/23 in an IWB Kydex/leather holster. I can carry mine in any weather. Just pull my shirt over it, and it disappears.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

Every one should have a G19.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Welcome aboard Silver...

I'm also in Florida. Working as a field mechanic. I have to wear a uniform with my shirt tucked in as well. My soloution is to carry a 642 smith&wesson in a small pouch on my belt as if it were a tool or something. The gun is completely enclosed, it's comfortable, and does not detract from the uniform.

I also a cheese head. I tuck in for business and casual on weekends. I carry a Glock model 30 mostly in a cross breed and I also have carried a full size FNH 5.7 IWB shirt tucked no issues same style holster. I back all my IWB holsters with medical grade lamb skin. Makes it very comfortable.

I live in S Fla and carry an IWB S&W snub nose 38 in a cozy partner or a sig p238 in a mackenzie tuckable holster that is like a crossbreed. If you are mostly outside and sweat a lot you might want to get a tuckable holster made out of horsehide as they are sweat resistant. I also carry a Springfield XD9SC, but for me many times I find it kind of bulky. To each his own comfort level, you may want to consider a single stack 9mm as well.

The new M&P shield is a hard one to beat for a light and concealable 9mm that you can get your whole hand on. I would also so look at the Kahr P9 or P45, Walther PPS, or H&K P2000sk.

it's not a very popular setup around here but i use a mic holster and a clipdraw. just another way for you to go if you are gonna carry a glock.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I mix it up, depending on clothes and weather.
    My SW sd 40. is close to G19 size I carry it in a Nate2 Tactical big, but comfortable holster.
    LCR in a generic leather or a Desantis Nemisis[ nice!]
    Pt 709 in a generic leather or Uncle Mikes. [ both descent]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links