Took the Glock 26 to the range and tried Gunzilla

This is a discussion on Took the Glock 26 to the range and tried Gunzilla within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So between the 3 guys we ran about 600 rounds threw it. We shot some gold sabers,Winchester PDX something's, 'Chester white box, Remington UMC and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ram Rod
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Took the Glock 26 to the range and tried Gunzilla

So between the 3 guys we ran about 600 rounds threw it. We shot some gold sabers,Winchester PDX something's, 'Chester white box, Remington UMC and some Blazer ammo. My buddy loaded his 19 magazines up and we did about 100 round mix just shooting as fast as we could. Dropping mags and everything. Well I am pleased with accuracy and I haven't had any failures. I had cleaned the gun with Gunzilla before the range about a week before. Now it's one of the first products I've never researched before purchasing. One the gun shop guys (class 3 shop) said he's had good results with it and gave me the run down on the properties. I liked the idea it was a Michigan product and non petroleum based. So it smells a heck of a lot better then Hoppes. The true test was after I was done shooting. The barrel was a little too warm to handle but it was still wet with Gunzilla. I had actually pulled it out and had product on my hand. I cleaned it finally today and it cleaned really easy. I should of gave it the plastic bag test in the freezer first. I hadn't cleaned it because I was on my honey moon. On one of our stops on the honey moon was Sleeping Bear National Park in MI. Well I left my pocket knife in my swimming trunks when I decided to try and run up dune. A hour and a half later I was crawling with my wife shaking her head. I had taken a couple of breaks and inadvertently put the knife in sand. I had packed it with so much sand the lock didn't work and you could hear the grinding of sand in the folding mechanism. I had plunged it in the sink at the hotel. You could still hear the grinding inside. So when I got home I sprayed it with Gunzilla. Not only did it push out the sand so much I had to q-tip it out but it works so much smoother. I would recommend it.

Well, sounds like you found out what many of us already know. Yet there's nothing like a first time convert/believer. Gunzilla does just about everything for me. IMO........when applied correctly.....you shouldn't see a shine or anything wet. Conservation is good. Anyway....glad you like the product. For me, it replaced many products and has saved me plenty of time, effort, and cash.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Great choice on the 26 AND the Gunzilla. I use both with great success. But a Glock barrel should never be wet with any lubricant. One drop should lightly coat the whole barrel. Glocks like to run pretty dry. Very little lubricant is required. Too much will attract the dust bunnies.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I also use Gunzilla, love it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'm also a Gunzilla head. It cleans and lubes in one application, it repels dust, no smell, and it doesn't evaporate. It also makes your next clean up super easy. What's not to like???
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

glockzilla meets gunzilla and Tokyo will never be the same

Oops. Lol. I thought I came across something. Dang. I am now waiting my belt and holster to be made by Adams Holster.

How have I never heard of this product!? Crap, and I just went to the gunstore today too!

I've used Gunzilla for several years after I first saw it at a gun show and talked to one of the developers. It has been great for me and really cuts down the clean-up time. Unfortunately I can't find it in any of my LGS.

have never seen or used Gunzilla, but my G26 has never missed a beat.....actually none of my Glocks have ever malfunctioned. I'm sure Gunzilla is a fine product, but I would hesitate to place the success of your outing on the gun lube.
    I've run Glocks dry as a bone, wet as a puddle, in rain, sun, wind and sand, and they don't really seem to care.
    Fitch likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Gunzilla is an awesome product. It is well worth what it cost.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    BTW, it is also available on E-Bay. Not sure if the price is better or worse than anywhere else.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I'm going to have to pick some up and try it myself soon...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

The brochure I got with my first bottle of Gunzilla had testimonials from troops who had used it in the desert and said how great it is. That sold me! Also, the LGS owner is an ex-airborne officer and he recommended it: what's not to like?!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Sponsored Links