Glock night sights

Glock night sights

This is a discussion on Glock night sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who uses them, which ones? I noticed one brand was significantly cheaper on cheaper than dirt. Can't recall which....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Glock night sights

Glock night sights

Who uses them, which ones? I noticed one brand was significantly cheaper on cheaper than dirt. Can't recall which.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Administrator
    Just one suggestion. ASK/Find Out what the Date Of Manufacture is. Some Tiitium night sights go "on sale" after they have been sitting around for a while.
    On Ebay sometimes for 6 years or more.
    So if Tritium has a half life of 12.5 years then you'll want to pass on night sights that are of older manufacture unless they are a super good deal.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I like the Meprolite TRU DOTS the most.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Trijicon HDs.

The end.
    NY27 and doctorw like this.

I put TFOs on my glock 19, best of both worlds. Fiber optic for daytime shooting, and the tritium for night. Very bright sights either way. The tritium is brighter than I expected, the fiber optic really jumps out at you during the day. They were $125 installed at my LGS.
    xXMens ReaXx likes this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    XS Big Dot 24/7 Express ( XS Sight Systems - Sights)
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I bought these for all of my Glocks. Ameriglo... Made by Trijicon. Green/Green.. Love em. Even bought them from Cheaper Than Dirt.
    2-AMGGL-113 - AmeriGlo Classic 3 Dot Tritium Night Sights Fits Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39 Green with White Outline Front and Rear

Last edited by AZJD1968; July 30th, 2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: added pic
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Just one suggestion. ASK/Find Out what the Date Of Manufacture is. Some Tiitium night sights go "on sale" after they have been sitting around for a while.
    On Ebay sometimes for 6 years or more.
    So if Tritium has a half life of 12.5 years then you'll want to pass on night sights that are of older manufacture unless they are a super good deal.
    I agree, good advise. When I bought from CTD all were manufactured in the year that I bought them. 2 sets in 2010 and 2 sets in 2011. I am very happy with them.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I have Trijicons on my G19, 26 and 27 and 36. G23 has factory Glock nights sights that are Meprolights. Meprolights are a tad brighter, but my G26 Trijicons from 2008 are as bright today as they were in 2008. Plus my LGS installs Trijicons while you wait for $105, so I can't beat that deal with a stick.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I'm a fan of the 10-8 Performance sights built by Hamilton Yam. I did choose plain rear and brass bead front over tritium though. I may, in the future change out the brass bead for a trit. setup in the front sight.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Regular night sights: I like Meprolight with yellow rear, green front.

Dedicated CC night sights: XS Big Dot I had some on a previously owned Colt 1911 and they really shined at quick close range sight acquisition; I installed some on my subcompact Glock yesterday and will test real soon.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

I purchased my G 19 and G 36 with Glock factory night sights. Glad I did!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I too am considering upgrading my sights but my question is what is the difference between the red and green fiber optic used on the front sight? Ive also noticed some combinations of both, usualy red on the front with green on the rear. It seems that the green shows up much better and since your front sight matters most why put the lesser noticeable on it?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

I would run,as I do,the Trijicons,the TFO's are nice,but do take up some sight radius.

It is my understanding that Glock and Sig Sauer equip their pistols from the factory with Mepro night sights. I bought a Glock 30sf with the standard plastic sights and replaced them with standard Trijicon night sights. After a year with them I'm quite disappointed with their visibility. The glow in low light is fine.....very similar to Mepro's, but in normal lighting white of the Mepros are much brighter. Now I'm considering removing the Trijicons and putting on Mepros. Not sure what happened to the white on the Trijicons.....maybe damaged with my cleaning products, but I haven't had that problem with the Mepros on 3 Sigs or on my Glock 26.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links