Shooting the SIG-Sauer P-220 .45 ACP...

This is a discussion on Shooting the SIG-Sauer P-220 .45 ACP... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you like single-action and the 220, why not the 220 SAO? They do the 220 in DAK now, as well....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shooting the SIG-Sauer P-220 .45 ACP...

If you like single-action and the 220, why not the 220 SAO? They do the 220 in DAK now, as well.

2. Remove Ads

Exudus they make the 220 in every trigger system that the offer. DA/SA, SAO, and DAK. Same goes for the 226. I like the DA/SA and thats what my 220 is configured in. ALot of dry fire practice and strengthening my grip (get your mind out of the gutter, I did exercises using a tennis ball) have made the DA 1st pull seem like no big deal. I also like the DAK trigger, but I haven't shot the SAO yet.

I have never heard anything about Sig making a striker fired, SAO, high cap 45. I figured they'ed be submitting a modified version of the 220 Combat. Though I do wish they would put out a double stack version of the 220.

It seems I was misinformed. Thanks for the heads up Scout. I didn't research it too thoroughly though (I'm working on my first rifle, and don't want to get side-tracked). A P220 DAK may well be in my future though!

As to the striker fired, what I've heard is that the Government Contract is for 650,000 handguns. The only official information I've seen is that it is going to be .45ACP with tac rails. The buzz is that it will be a double stack, striker fired polymer handgun. Supposedly Glock, Beretta, Springfield Armory, S&W, H&K, and Sig are all submitting prototypes. A quick google search did not show much. At any rate, there appears to be enough Sig's to satisfy everyone's needs!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

220, SA/DA, compared to HK USP Compact 45

Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    Exudus they make the 220 in every trigger system that the offer. DA/SA, SAO, and DAK. Same goes for the 226. I like the DA/SA and thats what my 220 is configured in. ALot of dry fire practice and strengthening my grip (get your mind out of the gutter, I did exercises using a tennis ball) have made the DA 1st pull seem like no big deal. I also like the DAK trigger, but I haven't shot the SAO yet.

I have never heard anything about Sig making a striker fired, SAO, high cap 45. I figured they'ed be submitting a modified version of the 220 Combat. Though I do wish they would put out a double stack version of the 220.
    I now have a HK USP Compact 45. Love the gun in every way, except it seems to have a little more perceived recoil compared to the first 45 I had, which was a 1911 style. I was wondering if the Sig 220 with 4.5" barell (?) would be a bit heavier gun. Anyone here compared these two?
    The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance

Lead Moderator
    Sigs are great guns, no matter the model. Some nice tight groups there Mr. Camp. I know most of our MSP troopers up here like their Sigs.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Grips for Sig 45's

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Sigs are great guns, no matter the model. Some nice tight groups there Mr. Camp. I know most of our MSP troopers up here like their Sigs.
    Can you get aftermarket grips for the Sig 45's like you can the original 1911's?

Sigs are great guns, I just found/picked up my P220 in 38 Super that I've been looking for 3 years. Waiting on my case to get here so I can go and have some fun!
    Last edited by 1man; November 11th, 2006 at 02:01 PM.
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

MTHall- Yes you can! Hogue makes several types of recoil reducing rubber grips. You can also get laser grips from Crimson Trace (as seen on Chris' P220 on page 1). I am sure there are others as well.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Great news

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    MTHall- Yes you can! Hogue makes several types of recoil reducing rubber grips. You can also get laser grips from Crimson Trace (as seen on Chris' P220 on page 1). I am sure there are others as well.
    Now all I have to do is figure out if I keep the HK or sell it and get a SIG. I think the P220 may be almost the same price range as the HK USP Compact but don't know for sure. Love the trigger pull out of the box on the HK. Is the trigger real smooth with the Sig too?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MTHall49 View Post
    Now all I have to do is figure out if I keep the HK or sell it and get a SIG. I think the P220 may be almost the same price range as the HK USP Compact but don't know for sure. Love the trigger pull out of the box on the HK. Is the trigger real smooth with the Sig too?
    Smoother. Sig makes HK's feel like cheap Chinese toys IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sigs must be really smooth

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Smoother. Sig makes HK's feel like cheap Chinese toys IMO.

I have noticed on specialty forums that Sig looks like they have a tremendously loyal following.

I Don,t Know What The Sig Has To Offer. Some Like Them And Some Hate Them. The Same Could Be Said About Glocks. What Ever Works For You.

The Sig has a very smooth trigger. I If you don't mind DA/SA, you'll love it! The DAK triggers are also very nice. Smooth, and consistent.

DAK?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The Sig has a very smooth trigger. I If you don't mind DA/SA, you'll love it! The DAK triggers are also very nice. Smooth, and consistent.
    I have to confess - I'm not sure what the DAK is. I do know DA/SA for double and single actiob, but what is the DAK? With Sigs they operate in both modes - I mean SA if you want to pull back the slide first?
    Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by '75scout View Post
    It seems everybody likes the Sig 220 but it gets no glory. Its always 1911s and the new polymer guns. I rarely see any Sig reviews in the gun rags even though there are always reviews of 1911s and ARs that are exactly the same as the one they reviewed last month.

You wish is answered, Combat Carry did an article on the 220 carry .45acp DAK this month.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links