Shooting the SIG-Sauer P-220 .45 ACP...

This is a discussion on Shooting the SIG-Sauer P-220 .45 ACP... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MTHall49 I have to confess - I'm not sure what the DAK is. I do know DA/SA for double and single actiob, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shooting the SIG-Sauer P-220 .45 ACP...

Quote Originally Posted by MTHall49 View Post
    I have to confess - I'm not sure what the DAK is. I do know DA/SA for double and single actiob, but what is the DAK? With Sigs they operate in both modes - I mean SA if you want to pull back the slide first?
    Thanks.
    DAK is SIG's term for their current double-action only trigger. Lighter than the DA on the DA/SA guns, heavier than the SA on the SAO guns. DAKs also don't have the spurred hammer of the DA/SA and SAO guns.

2. Remove Ads

Yep the DAK is Sigs newer entry into the DAO market. This trigger system gives you a very smooth and light pull and it is a joy to shoot. It would be great for anyone that lacks the dexterity to operate the heavy DA pull. And you cannot get it to shoot SA when the slide is racked.

As to comparing the Sig trigger to the HK trigger, I find the Sigs to be smoother and IMO seem to be more refined in every way. I like the controls better and the gun is more comfortable to me overall. I founf the checkering on the HK to be too sharp and polymer guns in general are less to my liking than metal guns. Thats not saying HKs are crap, they just aren't for me. I would carry one into battle or as an LEO, but a Sig or Glock would suite me better.

Hogue makes overmolded rubber grips and wood grips. Crimson Trace makes their lazer grips and there is another company that makes wood grips aswell.

Love my P220 ST Langdon Editon...and my Glock 23, Para C7.45, Ruger SP-101, Ruger GP-100, Walther P22, CZ RAMI .40, Bersa .380, Taurus Ultralite .38, XD-9, Kahr P45, Sig P226R. Lately, I'm surprised to find I usually carry the Glock 23! Considering putting a Sig P220 SAS on layaway this week, found one for $849. There goes the bank account!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Glock DAO - Transitional?

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006 View Post
    Love my P220 ST Langdon Editon...and my Glock 23, Para C7.45, Ruger SP-101, Ruger GP-100, Walther P22, CZ RAMI .40, Bersa .380, Taurus Ultralite .38, XD-9, Kahr P45, Sig P226R. Lately, I'm surprised to find I usually carry the Glock 23! Considering putting a Sig P220 SAS on layaway this week, found one for $849. There goes the bank account!
    I am still debating a number of things, including switching to a DAO gun. I love the idea of getting a SIG but think it will stretch the budget too far, even if I get $500.00 for the HK. How do you find the Glock in 45? Is it a really long trigger pull? Is recoil fairly great because of the relatively light weight of the Glock? I picked up and looked at a Glock and a Sig today. The Glock felt extremely light but the Sig felt like it was built very solidly.
    The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance

In terms of endurance the Glock will out last the Sig. I have tryed the SIgs in a 220 and a 228 they were replaced by the G-19 and G-36. For me they shoot better and carry better with no levers and alloy frame and weak finish of the Sigs. I won,t jump on the Sig bandwagon.

Thanks for the Input. Now if I can find someone here.

Quote Originally Posted by fowler View Post
    In terms of endurance the Glock will out last the Sig. I have tryed the SIgs in a 220 and a 228 they were replaced by the G-19 and G-36. For me they shoot better and carry better with no levers and alloy frame and weak finish of the Sigs. I won,t jump on the Sig bandwagon.
    I am very happy to hear a good comment in favor of the Glock since it costs less locally. Now if I can find someone around here willing to let me shoot theirs. Did you find the trigger pull hard to get used to on the Glock or not all that bad? Glock fairly easy to carry?
    Thanks.

Yes easy to carry in the G-19 and other compact series. IWB in a Don Hume leather holster. The finish wears very good and last many decades. Glocks are in L.E. holsters 6.5 times out of 10 for a reason. Reliability, long wearing finish,very very long service life. Keep it simple yank it and shoot it. You can get one in your cal. choice. Its a tool and one of the best. The FBI uses them too. After a few box,s of ammo the trigger is not a problem. Practice its easy.

I don't have a Glock in .45 but Fowler has given some good info. Have you looked at a Springfield XD-45? All I hear are good things about them and they are priced just under $500. Might be worth a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTHall49 View Post
    I am still debating a number of things, including switching to a DAO gun. I love the idea of getting a SIG but think it will stretch the budget too far, even if I get $500.00 for the HK. How do you find the Glock in 45? Is it a really long trigger pull? Is recoil fairly great because of the relatively light weight of the Glock? I picked up and looked at a Glock and a Sig today. The Glock felt extremely light but the Sig felt like it was built very solidly.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

THanks again all

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006 View Post
    I don't have a Glock in .45 but Fowler has given some good info. Have you looked at a Springfield XD-45? All I hear are good things about them and they are priced just under $500. Might be worth a look.
    I will take a look at the Springfield too if I can find one locally. So far I have only seen the Glock. My goal is to get a gun with about 4 inch barrell and good sized grip so may be just a little bigger than compact, but not as big as full size, due to the carry factor.

G-30 or the thinner G36 which is the one that fits me better.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links