Shooting the machine pistol

This is a discussion on Shooting the machine pistol within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I am a pretty happy camper today for a couple of reasons. I found that the SF Group has a 25 yard pistol range ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tacman605

Thread: Shooting the machine pistol

VIP Member

Well I am a pretty happy camper today for a couple of reasons. I found that the SF Group has a 25 yard pistol range on the camp and I got to put a lot of rounds through my issued weapon, a Turkish Zigana F Machine Pistol.

As I have posted before I have to maintain proficient with several weapon types as I never know what my issued weapons will be on what contract. Upon arrival here in Afghanistan I was surprised to find a rather unique weapon I would be carrying.

The weapon to me resembles the CZ series of pistols. It is a traditional DA semi auto with a 15 round magazine. The mags by the way are patterned after Beretta 92 magazines and once I do a little filing on the Beretta mag notch they should work well. The gun has decent three dot sights and a rather nice single action trigger with a very short reset.

The selector switch is the lever in the photo in about the same position as a SIG decocker. When down the pistol functions as a standard pistol.

With the selector in the up position the pistol operates in a full auto configuration.

The pistol was more than combat accurate at 25 yards with head shots easily obtained in both DA and SA mode.

Once switched to full auto the fun began. After a mag or two getting used to the trigger the pistol was easily controlled when two or three round bursts were used. The trigger was good enough to do that on command. In this pic you can see two of three cases in the air with the third behind my head.

Overall I was very impressed with the pistol. It is certainly unique to say the least. If I can modify Beretta mags that would be great as they are floating around everywhere. There were no malfunctions but I did have to watch my grip as not to put any downward pressure on the selector switch as it would disengage the full auto mechanism.
    357and40 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Senior Moderator
    Thanks tacman, keep us updated and stay safe
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Oh my! send me one!

Oh, I know you can't... But that could be fun! My my!

Give ME the preciousssss!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Interesting weapon, in full auto is there much muzzle rise or is it easy to control.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    That is sooo nice.
    Post a vid if you can.

VIP Member
    Very nice. That looks like it should do the job.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

VIP Member
    Msgt as long as you keep it to short bursts you are ok go anymore than three rounds and you are off target pretty quick.

I will try to get a video when I go back to the range.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Very nice. We all know its not a toy, but it looks like a fun weapon to shoot..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I'm in love. Very interesting pistol. Video would be awesome. Stay safe!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Sweet! Sounds way cool. Thing I could never wrap my head around was a full auto pistol with a standard capacity magazine. 15 rounds would be gone in the blink of an eye for me. I'd have to carry way too many spare mags. LOL!
    Glad you're a happy camper today. It's the interesting things that keep us going sometimes. Just a couple of years ago, I did send resume for camp Bastion in Helmand province and ready to go. Since that time, I think I've grown old in ways.
    Glad you've got some high points to report from overseas. If it's any consolation, we're in the 100+ temps here at home for what seems like forever.
    Take care of yourself over there, and come home to Razorback country. Look me up......first case is on me, and if you manage to bring back any interesting artifacts....let me know when and where we can get to the range. Enjoy your reports.

Some people have all the fun!
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Stay safe Tac.

Sponsored Links