Hey! Guys, I'm in love with the wrong 9mm. - Page 2

Hey! Guys, I'm in love with the wrong 9mm.

This is a discussion on Hey! Guys, I'm in love with the wrong 9mm. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am propably gonna get a bashing on the head for this, but look at the taurus slim / i have a 40 cal, and ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Hey! Guys, I'm in love with the wrong 9mm.

I am propably gonna get a bashing on the head for this, but look at the taurus slim / i have a 40 cal, and propably have 500 plus out the end without a problem, they had a few problems when they first premiered, but think it is worth a look if your looking for compact, but as i get older, not necessiraly wiser, i have found that the best carry gun is the one you shoot well, and will actually carry on an every day basis....i have reverted back to a revolver, airweight S&W , to me that is old school, i still have my '' collection '' of other guns, and for fun will carry something different from time to time,not often,believe me, but that little airweight is my sweetheart.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Shoot a "classic" P-series Sig....you'll be done searching.

Check out the Sig P239. Single stack and good for carrying.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    bigdog44 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Rent Shoot, Rent Shoot, Rent Shoot, Rent Shoot
    miller_man likes this.

If you like the Beretta that much, then get it. Don't let the size scare you; with the right holster/belt combination you can carry anything you want
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    If you like the Beretta that much, then get it. Don't let the size scare you; with the right holster/belt combination you can carry anything you want
    Indeed. the diff between subcompact and the comact are very close in relation to MP compact and PX4 subcompact

For carry, I really like my Sig Sauer 1911 Ultra Compact .45. It's an officer sized 1911. I have primarily shot government model and commander sized 1911's previously, and was worried about how accurate I would be with the smaller sight plane of the 3" and its reliability, but I am very accurate with it (for me) and have had no reliability issues. Not one failure to feed or any hickups whatsoever. Also good size for concealed carry.

I had a similar height and weight until I became a vegetarian. Have since lost about 25 pounds. The Walther PPS has worked well for me. Shoots great and conceals easily.

I haven't read all the posts regarding recommendations for you, but if you don't think you like striker pistols and you want a quality, combat tested, reliable and ACCURATE pistol, take a look at the ---- Sig Sauer P239-----. One poster said get a H&K and go right to the top....I disagree.....I think the top is Sig handguns.
    bigdog44 likes this.

SIG 229 or 239. Pretty much impossible to beat.
    bigdog44 likes this.

VIP Member
    You are 100% correct. You are indeed in love with the wrong 9mm.....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Check out the CZ 2075 RAMI. It is smaller than the P-01, and shoots just as well.
    I've been carrying one for a couple of years, and I have really enjoyed it. 100% reliable over more than 3k rounds, very comfortable to carry, and it's fun to have something a little different at the range.

I will say however, that CZ's (I have 4) are not for everyone. Out of the box the triggers can be gritty and stiff, holster options are scarce (I make my own), and magazines are a bit pricey. But after several hundred dry fires and some DIY gunsmithing, the trigger on my 2075 is now silky smooth, and it's startlingly accurate for a gun that size. It also has an external hammer, which happens to be a must for me.

Appendix carry is dangerous enough as is, I just can't wrap my head around holstering a striker fired gun pointed at my femoral artery. With an external hammer I can rest my thumb on the hammer, and feel confident that a stray bit of clothing won't snag the trigger and make a mess. I realize that's a bit crazy, but it works for me.

Having said all that, I've got my eye on the new Sig 224, which is almost exactly the same size, shape, and weight as the 2075 - but it's a P series Sig...

Quote Originally Posted by M3thusalem View Post
    I don't want to get the [XYZ] only to find out it's simply too chunky for my stature ...
    About the only way to know for certain is: try it on, holstered, with the actual belt/clothing you'd be using.

Short of that, trial-and-error is about all that'll get you there. We can propose all sorts of possible smaller guns, but you won't know until you know ... you know?

If puny 9mm's are what you're likely to be most happy about, check Kahr, Taurus, Glock, CZ, Boberg Arms, SIG, Para Ordnance, Walther, Smith & Wesson (particularly some of their "old school" 9mm's that have since been discontinued, such as the 900 and 3900 series pistols). There are a number of choices where the outer dimensions might please you better.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I got rid of my glock. Colt puts out a 9mm defender you might like. I've carried my defender for many years. But like the other guy said, you could go for the H&K

What about the PX4 Storm subcompact? I'd suggest checking out one of those. I have one in .40 and though I'm a bit bigger than you (6'3, 220lb-ish) I wouldn't call it chunky. A close friend of mine is almost exactly your size and carries one with no complaints what-so-ever far as comfort and the functionality of the gun. I too have never had one problem with it since purchasing it and I've probably put close to 1k rounds through it now.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links