Looking at a Kahr CW40 - Page 2

Looking at a Kahr CW40

This is a discussion on Looking at a Kahr CW40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; blitzburgh, My only Kahr is a CW45. It is my main EDC. I've found mine to be accurate, easy to shoot and a joy to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking at a Kahr CW40

blitzburgh,
    My only Kahr is a CW45. It is my main EDC. I've found mine to be accurate, easy to shoot and a joy to carry. I've yet to have my first problem w/ it.

I bought a CW40 about 2 months ago. I normally carry revolvers. Ruger SP101 and S&W 637-2. I really prefer the single action trigger pull, especially the S&W which has about a 2 1/2# pull right out of the box. However, I wanted something with a flatter profile for summer IWB carry. I also wanted another gun!
    The CW was gritty right out of the box but I just ran a patch through it and went out to shoot. The top or sixth one would not load with a hand cock. Five would however and I shot 12 rounds. The next day I cleaned the gun with special attention to the slide rails and the magazine. I guess that equaled the 200 round break in because it has been flawless since. I picked the Kahr because it fit my hand better than any other small semi, had a better trigger than the LC9, and was American made.
    The gun is very accurate when I do my part. I still struggle some with the long trigger pull since my favorite handgun is a single action with a very crisp 2# trigger pull on a very heavy Super Blackhawk.

Well, I went to the LGS today with every intention of picking up that Kahr but...

Ended up leaving with a Gen 4 Glock 21 instead. Looks like I'm under the spell still, lol.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Well, I went to the LGS today with every intention of picking up that Kahr but...

Ended up leaving with a Gen 4 Glock 21 instead. Looks like I'm under the spell still, lol.

Sent from my palm device
    I honestly think you made the better choice.
    10thmtn likes this.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

I believe I did as well.. as this purchase will without a doubt see CC time. The Kahr would just see range time.

Sent from my palm device
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

After I bought it, I went to my instructor's range (friend of the family) and he was discussing getting rid of one of his 1911's to go buy the same Glock I brought over.

Sent from my palm device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links