Sell LCP and buy Taser C2? - Page 2

Sell LCP and buy Taser C2?

This is a discussion on Sell LCP and buy Taser C2? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paaiyan Personally, I'd make it clear to her that her being "not really into guns" is her being "not really into" something ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sell LCP and buy Taser C2?

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Personally, I'd make it clear to her that her being "not really into guns" is her being "not really into" something far more effective than a Taser or OC.
    Obviously not nearly as effective, but it is way more likely that she'll need to use the taser than a firearm, same with OC spray. One good example of this is the story that was posted a few hours ago: Attacked in fast food drive through

All he had was a firearm, if he had OC spray or a taser it would likely have been justifiable to use. Granted, having both options is better.

She also doesn't have the time to learn everything about conceal carrying a firearm at the moment and the laws regarding it, I'm not sure how they expect people to learn everything in a 3 hours CC class. I've spent countless hours on these forums and I'm still learning new stuff every day.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    From the videos I've seen it seems to work great, not the videos that taser puts up, but from actual owners of one. What's bad about it?
    I've replied slightly more in depth via PM, as I really do not care to get into a drawn out discussion with the forum... but the C2 is a good product, however, it just isn't what people think it is.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Is she going to rememeber to drop it and run? If she holds onto it and runs, and pulls out a barb, the effect is done and now she has nothing.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vista461 View Post
    Is she going to rememeber to drop it and run? If she holds onto it and runs, and pulls out a barb, the effect is done and now she has nothing.
    Decided we're not going to get it. I'm still going to sell the LCP I think tho.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I've been tased and sprayed, as bad as it sucks , I'd take being tased anyday. As soon as it's done, it's done. Pepper spray lasts 1/2 or so after.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Sounds like you are asking if you should bring a taser to a gunfight?

Violates the first rule of gunfighting which is, for those who don't remember:

Bring a gun!

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Glad to hear you decided against the taser purchase. That's a step in the right direction.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links