Sell LCP and buy Taser C2?

This is a discussion on Sell LCP and buy Taser C2? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been thinking about this recently... My wife is interested in shooting guns, but she doesn't seem to want to carry one. I have a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sell LCP and buy Taser C2?

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

Sell LCP and buy Taser C2?

I've been thinking about this recently...

My wife is interested in shooting guns, but she doesn't seem to want to carry one. I have a LCP, M&P9, and AR-15. I do like the LCP for being so comfortable to carry, especially in hot weather. I know it's not supposed to be a fun range gun to say the least...

I'm wondering if I sell it and get a Taser, if I could then convince her to get her permit so she could carry it (and learn gun safety at the same time for when we go to the range). She does carry OC spray that I got her, but that doesn't always work well on people who are intoxicated, which is a big percentage of the people in Oshkosh...

I'll still have the M&P that I can carry, and have been getting more into open carry (legal in Wisconsin) so I don't think I'll be needing a pocket pistol that much anyways...

The C2 is $350 new I think and about $200 used, and I'm not sure how much I could sell the LCP for... It's never been fired and I have 2 mags for it. I've never sold a gun before.. If I decide to, do I need to go through one of my LGS's to do the transfer for a handgun?
    Last edited by Burns; August 2nd, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

2. Remove Ads

From what I read, private sale of firearms, both long guns and handguns is legal in Wisconsin. But it is recommended to look at their DL to ensure they're a WI resident and write up a bill of sale? Correct me if I'm wrong please.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Hi Burns, I would go $150. cash American for the LCP...........
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Hi Burns, I would go $150. cash American for the LCP...........
    I bet you would ;)

Not a bad idea... I can't stand the LCP myself, so that would make it even easier. :)

Only downside I see is the size of them, aren't they kind of large?

pm me. we could probably work something out.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Administrator
    The Taser is a bad idea. Don't do it... it is not what its marketed as to the general public. Your fears about OC should be the same with the Taser.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The Taser is a bad idea. Don't do it... it is not what its marketed as to the general public. Your fears about OC should be the same with the Taser.
    From the videos I've seen it seems to work great, not the videos that taser puts up, but from actual owners of one. What's bad about it?

oh and on the taser thing....one thing to consider, is if you get her the police style one that has range, it's pretty useless against multiple assailants. but i'm sure you know that since your dad is a cop.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member
    A Taser C2 is only effective against a single assailant and then only if he/she is within 15 feet (the length of the wires) and not wearing heavy clothing.
    There's no 2nd shot (or 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc) with a taser, so if you miss, you're screwed.
    Simply too limited in its ability to protect you from a moderate distance against multiple targets.

No thanks.. I'll take a full mag of Gold Dots any day.
    dukalmighty and WHEC724 like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    A Taser C2 is only effective against a single assailant and then only if he/she is within 15 feet (the length of the wires) and not wearing heavy clothing.
    There's no 2nd shot (or 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc) with a taser, so if you miss, you're screwed.
    Simply too limited in its ability to protect you from a moderate distance against multiple targets.

No thanks.. I'll take a full mag of Gold Dots any day.
    My wife doesn't carry guns. Taser is a whole lot more effective than pepper spray, and can always be used as a stun gun, we're going to get the m26c instead, more expensive but should be worth the peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    oh and on the taser thing....one thing to consider, is if you get her the police style one that has range, it's pretty useless against multiple assailants. but i'm sure you know that since your dad is a cop.
    Yeah I learned about them when I was like 14 haha. Had fun watching the videos of him getting tased for work too. ;)

If your wife doesn't want to carry an LCP, she may well not want to carry a Taser either. Operationally, it doesn't get much simpler than the LCP. I think the taser is more complex, and many women have a "thing" about electricity.

It may be that you just have the urge to sell something and buy something else. In that case, I'm prepared to off fifty cents more than the highest bidder for your LCP; so long as the total price remains under $167.75.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    If your wife doesn't want to carry an LCP, she may well not want to carry a Taser either. Operationally, it doesn't get much simpler than the LCP. I think the taser is more complex, and many women have a "thing" about electricity.

It may be that you just have the urge to sell something and buy something else. In that case, I'm prepared to off fifty cents more than the highest bidder for your LCP; so long as the total price remains under $167.75.
    It's a less-lethal alternative, that's why we are getting it, not as many legal issues if anything should happen, and she's not really into guns.

Personally, I'd make it clear to her that her being "not really into guns" is her being "not really into" something far more effective than a Taser or OC.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links