One in the chamber?

This is a discussion on One in the chamber? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just wondering what everyone thinks about having one ready in the chamber. Is it safe? Is it crazy not to? What are your ...

Thread: One in the chamber?

One in the chamber?

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about having one ready in the chamber. Is it safe? Is it crazy not to? What are your thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Don't feel scared to search. Seen a few topics on this already and I think the majority agree that you should get the confidence to carry one in the chamber because you're going to need it. You're not guaranteed to have time to rack the slide in a life or death scenario

When I carried Glocks, it was with one in the chamber and the gun holstered. I now carry CZ 75's and it's Cocked and Locked. It is safe if you use a good holster and keep the gun in the holster and your finger off the trigger unless you are about to fire the weapon. Without one in the chamber you are betting your life that you will have time to rack the slide in time. It's really a personal decision - good luck. OH and btw, the bad guy is going to have one in the chamber.

I agree with the above! You'll feel comfortable quickly if you train that way, and develop the confidence to do so. BTW, welcome!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Always

sent via iCarry

Links