Stippled my subcompact... its not for everyone but i love it - Page 2

Stippled my subcompact... its not for everyone but i love it

This is a discussion on Stippled my subcompact... its not for everyone but i love it within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kudos on the job. I'm surprised you stippled the underside of the trigger guard. I have filed down sharp edges, and even sharp-ish corners around ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Stippled my subcompact... its not for everyone but i love it

Kudos on the job. I'm surprised you stippled the underside of the trigger guard. I have filed down sharp edges, and even sharp-ish corners around that area.

I was actually just looking at my grip (literally minutes ago) and thinking about the shaping and texture. Specifically, I was thinking that it would be interesting to do some grip tests while shooting with some kind of sensor to figure out where biomechanical stress occurs on the interface between hand and grip.

I was thinking about this specifically because I really want to like the Beretta Nano, but I can't because the thing is like butter in my hand... and I have a strong grip.

At any rate, the stipple-job looks *really* good. You obviously took your time, and you've exhibited the control of a fine craftsman. Congratulations on that.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    Kudos on the job. I'm surprised you stippled the underside of the trigger guard. I have filed down sharp edges, and even sharp-ish corners around that area.

I was actually just looking at my grip (literally minutes ago) and thinking about the shaping and texture. Specifically, I was thinking that it would be interesting to do some grip tests while shooting with some kind of sensor to figure out where biomechanical stress occurs on the interface between hand and grip.

I was thinking about this specifically because I really want to like the Beretta Nano, but I can't because the thing is like butter in my hand... and I have a strong grip.

At any rate, the stipple-job looks *really* good. You obviously took your time, and you've exhibited the control of a fine craftsman. Congratulations on that.
    As a woodworker (hobbyist), I was also thinking about how raw wood provides such a great texture and grip because of the open pores.

I used to be a full-time climber (rock, ice, mixed, and alpine), and I also set routes in a climbing gym for cash and free membership. My favorite handholds have always been wood (as opposed to plastic) precisely because they offer such great grip even when there is little texture.

i think it is a microscopic thing... the wood actually wants to absorb the moisture from your skin, unlike plastic.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Looks good but it appears like it would not feel so good against skin and/or drag against ur outside shirt causing a print ..
    Na, not all from my experience. Wear my right up against my skin all day, feels fine. Its never caught or dragged a shirt either.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeXD40 View Post
    awhile ago, i stippled my XD Service. I love it. So I decided to stipple my carry gun, XD .40 Subcompact. I used a cheap soldering gun from Radio Shack. I lightly touched the surface of the gun. I got a nice small burn hole. Like the title says, its not for everyone but I really like it.

Looks very good.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Cool

Bro,
    looks fine and totally functional. Lemme put it to you like this, at my house: "bedliner" ;)

dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links