New Guns for everyone... um, except you, Dad.

This is a discussion on New Guns for everyone... um, except you, Dad. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Beretta Nano - for my wife. Beretta PX4 Storm Sub-Compact - for my daughter. "Yeah, it's really popular right now. Would you like to be ...

Thread: New Guns for everyone... um, except you, Dad.

Beretta Nano - for my wife.

Beretta PX4 Storm Sub-Compact - for my daughter.

"Yeah, it's really popular right now. Would you like to be on the calling list for when we get some more in?" - for me.

I'm now waiting for the next shipment (and perhaps the next one after that, they wouldn't tell me how long the list is) of S&W M&P Shields. Patience is a virtue. I need some now. Right now. It was tough not buying the S&W M&P Compact... they had plenty of those. But we're "down-sizing" our selection of carry guns - not fewer guns, just adding slimmer options to our collection.

The Sheild is what I decided would be my next gun, so I wait. (And, my wife was right there to remind me )

Maybe a Christmas present?

new beretta storm.jpgnew beretta nano.jpg
    Protect your family. Reload. Call 911.

VIP Member
    We love the M&P compacts and FS.
    My nephew is /was deciding what his first pistol will be, and he first thought maybe a shield in .40, but has opted for a .40 compact.

You wouldn't be dissapointed if you got an M&Pc.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Have you tried looking on gun genie?
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

That's what I said! Look! They're nearly identical! We fired them both - they're both great! I could get this one now....

But my wife just gave me "the look".

So for now, I've still got three guns to choose from - Tiny (lcp), full-sized (.40), and over-kill (a big S&W .357 wheelie for open carry when at the ranch). We're now expanding the "smaller" category of our collection (9mm for everyone! Hey, no soup for you!)

This is my daughter's first pistol - my wife's... let's see third? So I really can't complain about having to wait a bit.

Wink "It's Really Popular"

@Beretta96,

Yup, Davidson's Gun Jeanie lists them as "This item is currently Allocated" Which means you pretty much have to know somebody who knows somebody who can get one that's not already got a deposit on it. So, I wait. Our gun range has one in the building and it's a rental. I put 200 rounds through it earlier this week, so I know it fits my hand, fires dead-on straight, and is the right size for my intended carry situations.

The S&W website lists several gun sellers up and down the interstate here - my wife offered to call them all to see if somebody's got one that's been forgotten on a shelf.

The same thing happened when the LCP first came out - very popular; very hard to get. Finally found two at the local gun shop after they did a meet-and-greet with some folks from Ruger.

Hope you are able to find a Shield. I've wanted to try one out in my hand as a CCW, but NO ONE around here has any Academy Sports said they get one each 9mm & 40 cal in every couple months and they are immediately sold. I need to hold one before considering buying. I held a Nano and didn't feel comfortable in my hand. Also held a Taurus PT709 Slim, and it felt pretty good. So, I'm considering that one as well.

Whislting Pines Gun Club next to Peterson has the Sheild for rent - even though a club, they sell to the public (members save 10%) Definitely need to hold, if not fire a few rounds, when buying a smaller pistol. YMMV

If you lived in Arkansas I could tell where one is that's for sell with zero round's through it. A friend bought it and he want's an AK47 instead of the Shield.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ethereal View Post
    Beretta Nano - for my wife.

Beretta PX4 Storm Sub-Compact - for my daughter.

"Yeah, it's really popular right now. Would you like to be on the calling list for when we get some more in?" - for me.
    Beretta PX4 Storm for Burns too????

JK :p

You must have made your family quite happy :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Good things happen to those who wait. It will be that much sweeter when yours arrive. Hope it comes soon

Patience is a virtue, at least that's what they tell me! I won't know for sure though until I get mine!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I've held both the Compact and the Shield. To be honest, there wasn't enough difference between the two for me to justify giving up the extra rounds the compact offers. YMMV

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Beretta PX4 Storm for Burns too????

JK :p

You must have made your family quite happy :)
    Well, no. Sorry, Burns.

But in other news, after calling nearly a dozen places, I got a promising lead in the form of "call me later this week and I'll put one aside for you... If we get some in the next shipment on Thursday". Got my fingers crossed :o). My daughter fired her Storm Sub-Compact today at the ranch... And... Liked it! (imagine that, "can't go wrong with getting a girl a Beretta" according to my wife :o)

Sponsored Links