Best striker-fired trigger and reset for a CCW?

This is a discussion on Best striker-fired trigger and reset for a CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up my PPQ today so I havent worn it around. But I do want to get a smaller / easier to conceal ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best striker-fired trigger and reset for a CCW?

I just picked up my PPQ today so I havent worn it around. But I do want to get a smaller / easier to conceal pistol and I'm gonna look at the M&P Shield and the Beretta PX4 Storm. When considering my first handgun it was a tossup between the M&P 9mm Pro and the PPQ. I chose the PPQ for a number of reasons but I still really want to get an M&P .. so I'm really hoping I like the Shield. But the other I'm considering is the Ruger LC9. Hopefully theres a gun shop near you that rents out diff handguns and has a range so you can try them out.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Having owned both, IMO the Shield is so much better than the LC9 it's almost slander to mention them in the same sentence. Shield trigger is so much better than the LC9 it isn't funny.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    I just picked up my PPQ today so I havent worn it around. But I do want to get a smaller / easier to conceal pistol and I'm gonna look at the M&P Shield and the Beretta PX4 Storm. When considering my first handgun it was a tossup between the M&P 9mm Pro and the PPQ. I chose the PPQ for a number of reasons but I still really want to get an M&P .. so I'm really hoping I like the Shield. But the other I'm considering is the Ruger LC9. Hopefully theres a gun shop near you that rents out diff handguns and has a range so you can try them out.
    Congrats on a fine purchase! You should at least give the PPQ a chance to fill the role of concealed carry though. Gun belt, good holster, you might be surprised how easy it can be to carry a full size gun.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Take a look at the Kahr. Only models I have dealt with are the CW models, but the trigger on them is smooth and crisp. My wife has the CW9 and I carry a CW45.
    The Kahrs have very smooth, nice triggers, but they have an extremely long reset and a long pull.
    I haven't tried a significant number of the polymers mentioned here as most aren't my cup of tea, but of those I have tried I have found Glocks to have relatively short, light triggers with a smooth feel and a short reset.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    I've shot Kahr PM9, Glock G19/27/26, Walther PPS, M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 9c. Out of those I've owned some and spent 100's of rounds at the range with some. I liked the Walther PPS the best and the Glock trigger. The Shield is really good too but doesn't have as much reset click. The Kahr was ok when I could get it to feed rounds and actually fire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links