Pocket 9's

This is a discussion on Pocket 9's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to CC weapons I currently have a P3AT I bought for the ability to pocket carry now I am maybe looking to ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pocket 9's

Pocket 9's

I am new to CC weapons I currently have a P3AT I bought for the ability to pocket carry now I am maybe looking to move up to a 9mm in pocket carry. I was wondering whats 9mm can be pocket carried. Also I have been looking hard at a LCR. Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Ads

Depends on the size/shape of the pockets, and the shape of you at that spot. But I've successfully pocket carried a Kahr PM9 9mm, KelTec PF9 9mm. Had decent holsters made for each. The pants pockets were semi-cargo style with "bellows" sides to allow for the added bulk. Worked very well, in each case.

The KT P3AT and Kahr P380 did disappear more readily, though. Edges/flat of the holstered gun were better able to be blended into the curve of the leg at that spot by the holster, as compared to their larger counterparts.

For comparison, in a pair of the 7-Pocket Hiker Pants (from Cabela's), I've even gotten a CZ P-01 9mm and a Kahr CW9 9mm in an IWB belt holster to fit into the pocket ... which says a lot about the size and capacity of those pockets, there. The CW9's about the largest I'd consider in the pocket, pocket size allowing. Preference is absolutely in the PM9 size range, for me.

One option might be a 9mm revolver, if you're looking for options. ie, S&W 940 or Taurus 905.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    SEARCH around... and then find a range that rents guns. Try them all. Your SEARCH will be rewarded.

Depends on your pocket size but check out a nano, KT pf-9 and a Kahr cm9. After these to ,IF they would work see what else might be in the same size and see what you like . Some can pocket a glock 26. I can't. Some like the diamondback db9 would be about right and very lite but is the lastest version dependable yet?? Just see whats in your gun shops to lay hands on.

I bought an LC9 but rarely carry it. I prefer to carry my LCR or my LCP in my pockets.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I pocket carry a kel-tec pf9 quite often. For me light weight is key for pocket carry. A lot of guns will fit in a pocket but are a bit heavy for all day pocket carry. The pf9 is one of the lightest 9mm pistols out there at I believe somewhere between 12 and 13oz. When you start getting into the 16oz and heavier all day in the pocket can get tiring, at least for me. Mine has been 100% though it's not comfortable to shoot due to it's light weight and somewhat rough finishing. I thought it was a pretty good value at $265.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

I would recommend the Sig P239.

Another option that hasn't been presented yet is the Beretta Nano.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

If you got the coin go with Kahr pm9. You won't regret it.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    If you got the coin go with Kahr pm9. You won't regret it.
    . +1 on the PM9.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for all the replies guys! What about the S&W 9mm shield? Has anyone pocket carried it or do you think it could be? Thanks!

+2 on the Kahr PM9

OK another question....the kahrs seem to be well liked what is the difference between the PM9 and the CM9??

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    I would recommend the Sig P239..
    Seriously? Sig 239 for pocket carry? I don't think so.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I have an LC9 that I can not comfortably pocket carry. I have the pinky mag extension and it usually kicks it forward to the point it starts to point behind me. Do not like that. Any reason for pocket carry specifically? The lc9 usually rides in a cbst when i carry it.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I have a PT709 that I have pocket carried on numerous occasions, but personally I find my S&W 442 snubnose revolver much easier to pocket carry.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links