Anyone CCW a 228?

Anyone CCW a 228?

This is a discussion on Anyone CCW a 228? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone... Anyone? If so, how do you like it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone CCW a 228?

Anyone CCW a 228?

Anyone... Anyone? If so, how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgb
    I occasionally carry a P226 and like it just fine.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Thats a big yes its very accurate and much lighter then goverment model 1911. Id recommend it to anyone however it is da first round so requires lots of practice to get used to trigger difference. Mines old west german model nickel slide. There are better guns for all time carry and better guns for duty imho but its a great choice for year round general use. Hope this helps.

I carried one for a couple years but the Glock is so much lighter.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Is a P229 close enough? I carry one almost everyday. When not a P229 it's a P239 both in 357 Sig.
    sensei2 likes this.

VIP Member
    I do. It's a little heavy, a little bulky, and a LOT awesome.
    kmagnuss likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

No, but I carried a 220 for a long time. The specs of the two are similar (220 is 7.7" long compared to the 7.1" of the 228 and it's also a little heavier). It's really not that hard to conceal if you are willing to adjust your wardrobe. The weight was never a big deal to me, although I carried almost exclusively IWB.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I carry a P220 everyday..... Sig Arms makes high quality, reliable, accurate firearms. If you can adapt to the double action/single action transition I think the P228 is a wonderful pistol and would be great one for carry. In 9mm you could probably find lighter pistols.....but if you prefer a metal handgun, you can't go wrong with the Sig.

I do in a crossbreed supertuck.

I do, P228 Nickel. absolutely love it. I also occasionally carry my Glock 17

I carry a Sig P229 frequently in an OWB holster when a vest or jacket is appropriate wear. It does not fit well in my fanny pack though.

my P-229/357SIG and P-239/9mm are my two most frequently carried holster guns. S&W 642 and Kahr CM-9 are pocket carried in warm weather, or when i know i'll have to shed my cover garment. the Sigs are carried OWB, behind the right hip (4:30 position), in Kramer horsehide, Blade Tech kydex, or Comp Tac kydex holsters.

the only problem i ever had was when my Kramer started squeaking on my leather belt when i was in a Barnes & Noble book store. baby powder stops the noise, but it has to be renewed every week or so. nowadays i tend to wear Wilderness nylon belts, which don't squeak.

i'm 5'7" and 150 pounds and have no trouble carrying and concealing either Sig. i also carry two reloads in a double mag pouch behind the left hip. add a Surefire E1B flashlight and a Benchmade or Emerson folding knife with 3" blade. i have a selection of vests and jackets of various weights which will reliably cover my gun/holster/mag pouch with minimal printing.

VIP Member
    I carried one for about 4 years. A friend offered me a trade for the gun that I just couldn't pass up though, so I no longer own one. When I come across another I'll pick it up... but I think the Glock 23 will be my companion for a while. (It was the carry gun before the Sig in fact... I guess I just like to alternate between the two.)
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I'm right there with Echo_Four. I carry a G23 more frequently, but I always smile and get a warm feeling when I strap on my P229. I carry it AIWB mostly in a Garrett Industries Slim.

I took my 228 out to the range. Amazing!

I'm going to switch my front sight out for an ameriglo front sight (the orange outline and green tritium)

I also got a UBG striker IWB holster for it.

The factory grips feel great!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links