LaserMax guide rod laser.

This is a discussion on LaserMax guide rod laser. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by HotGuns Thats BS. I've been carrying a LaserMax on my G21 for years. Never had an issue with it. There is really ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: LaserMax guide rod laser.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Thats BS. I've been carrying a LaserMax on my G21 for years. Never had an issue with it. There is really nothing to break off.
    Interesting that you'd call BS simply because YOU haven't had a problem with yours. I'm delighted that you're pleased with your choice. I do NOT have a personal, eye-witnessed account of a LM breaking. After my LEO friend explained why he can't use one, and since he has exposure to a LOT more training & trainers than I do, I went looking for more opinions. Seems there ARE folks who CLAIM to have witnessed a LM breakage and the resulting plastic piece jamming the handgun (look for yourself at ar15.com and/or glocktalk).

I've never personally witnessed a .22 short failing to stop a assailant either. You may have carried a .22 short CCW for years without any problem. But, for me, the logic behind NOT CHOOSING that caliber simply makes good sense. I choose CT for the reason that I stated. You may choose a plastic garden rake...if you want.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Fitch
    LaserMax has an unconditional Guarantee on their products. If you were having a function related problem with yours they would have replaced it.

With regard to the non adjustment on the GLOCK versions they really don't need the adjustment. They are always spot on at typical self-defense distances.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    And the biggest plus: I used it successfully in a real situation. A BG wouldn't drop his gun and me and two partners were about to shoot him. When the laser hit his chest, he dropped his gun like a hot rock, and he tried to brush the red dot off his chest with his hand!
    That's impossible! Everyone just knows lasers are "useless toys" that don't add anything to your defensive toolkit. After all, numerous self-proclaimed "experts" say so! And we just know that the BG will not notice the dot - after all, that's what the self-proclaimed "experts" also say! I therefore refuse to accept your reality, and prefer to substitute my own.

OK - Sarcasm off. Thanks for your real-world example.

reade - I had a Lasermax for my G19. It did get accidentally bumped "on" several times, resulting in a dead battery. They sent me a cut-down switch, but I moved on to Crimson Trace lasers, and have not looked back.

Note that, for Glocks, I find that the CT Lasergrips prevent me from reaching the slide release with my thumb - so if you use the slide release, you may want the extended lever from Glock. I never use it (use the overhand method instead) so it is not an issue for me.

I also do like the "feel" of the Lasergrips - they seem to make the Glock grip fill the hand better than stock. My G30 with Lasergrips is a bit thick, but I shoot it just fine.

I have the Laserguard versions on my LCPs, PM9, and G26. My LCR came from the factory with the Lasergrips.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Well it arrived and it was very easy to install. In my case my holster turns it off when putting the gun in, I don't see any problems ahead with the opposite. At 20 ft it appears to be just to the left (1-2") of my sights, I'll know for sure when I get to try it out. I filled out the rebate form and it will go in the mail tomorrow, I'll let you know if/when I get my $60.00.

*edit* after working the slide a few time the laser now is right with the sights, must have been at an angle when first installed.

I cant get repeatable accuracy out of my g23. The laser always moves and does not co witness with the sights. I removed it. I had replaced the little plastic caps several times but the problems continued.

Quote Originally Posted by reade View Post
    Well it arrived and it was very easy to install. In my case my holster turns it off when putting the gun in, I don't see any problems ahead with the opposite. At 20 ft it appears to be just to the left (1-2") of my sights, I'll know for sure when I get to try it out. I filled out the rebate form and it will go in the mail tomorrow, I'll let you know if/when I get my $60.00.

*edit* after working the slide a few time the laser now is right with the sights, must have been at an angle when first installed.
    Update, the check arrived today.

I am interested in these, but it seems either the review is totally positive, or totally negative. Maybe quality control issues?!?!?

I have one on my Glock 33 and I usually carry in a Cross Breed Super Tuck and for some reason the holster turns the laser on and the battery runs down. I will try it in a different holster and see what happens. I love the laser and like everything about it except it turning on by it self. Just my two cents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links