"fancy" LCPs

This is a discussion on "fancy" LCPs within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I see Ruger now has two new LCPs, a "carbon fiber" and a "Camo", both a transfer film applied to the plastic frame. I understand ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: "fancy" LCPs

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

"fancy" LCPs

I see Ruger now has two new LCPs, a "carbon fiber" and a "Camo", both a transfer film applied to the plastic frame.
    I understand the pride of ownership thing, but come on, it's an LCP! A darned good pocket pistol but the cheapest of it's class. When it is in my pocket it is invisible. When it is in my big hands, with a CT laser, you can only see the laser and the slide. I might have bought a version where all the parts are non-corrosive stainless to ease my mind on wet days, but certainly not for show.

Last edited by Arborigine; August 7th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

2. Remove Ads

I'm with you OP. I have an LCP and see no reason to have a "fancy" version.

They are pocket pistols and not really meant to be seen. So why get a fancy version?
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I'm sure the "fancy" ones shoot better
    rammerjammer likes this.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Had two plain version here Daughter ask for one so it is hers now. great weapon but no real interest in the show models, after all they are for CC.
    And I sure the BG would not be overwhelmed when it was pulled out. Would look nice in the case maybe.

I can't agree that it's the cheapest of its class; the best maybe, but not the cheapest. Having owned a Jiminey Arms .380, I have some familiarity with the cheapest.

Now, on to the important stuff. I like the special versions. I have two LCP's and one is the AZ 100th anniversary edition. I paid only a few bucks more for it, and I think it's just spiffy. In fact, the reason I have two LCP's is that when my wife saw the AZ one, she said, "Give me that." So I had to get myself the plain black one.

So....what are you going to take down your attacker with? Looks....or shots fired on target?
    Think from the ground up so long as you're among the living. Think about trivial things when it's over and you have no hopes. "Fancy"?

Distinguished Member
    Nothing wrong with wanting to pay a little more to have something you like the looks of better. Will it do a better job? No. Will it be seen by most? No. But if it is your money and you like it and want it, who's to say that is bad? We all have differing reasons for things we choose to do with our money. So, what's the big deal? If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you do, and you don't want to go plain, buy it. No skin off of my nose.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    So....what are you going to take down your attacker with? Looks....or shots fired on target?
    Think from the ground up so long as you're among the living. Think about trivial things when it's over and you have no hopes. "Fancy"?
    Shots on target; but with the extra intimidation of the AZ anniversary piece, showing the weapon may be all it takes.

Maybe a bright pink one would throw the BG off of a few seconds.
    Then he would know a women with a pink weapon just killed him.
    sdprof and Ionracas like this.

Do you have to get special fancy bullets for these as well?
    Rhcmlc likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I have a raspberry/black LCP. Hubby got it for me on Valentine's Day. I love the way it looks to me. So no one will see it? I like wearing colorful and fancy underwear, but I don't expect anyone will see it. I wear it for myself. Same with my LCP. The raspberry slide with black body looks nice. (Besides, it is easy to tell whose is whose....Hubby's is black/black LCP.)

I think it goes along the lines of "Beauty is in the eye's of the beholder".
    Ionracas and Arborigine like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

What's all the fuss about? It's just a new take on a matched set of nickel plated, ivory gripped, fully engraved Colt SA Army revolvers with sequential serial numbers. (*Except cheaper, uglier, goofier, without a snowball's chance in July of ever being collectable.)
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Does the NRA one come with a free lawyer if used or is it just a garuntee that with the cammo youll never be found?

I actualy like the carbon fiber one, but I wouldnt pay extra for it
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

The lady likes hers pink.

And genuine stag.
    Why have an ugly gun?
    Rigrat likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links