I like the Charter Arms Pitbull!

This is a discussion on I like the Charter Arms Pitbull! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm referring to the 9mm version, not the .40 S&W. My question is, when will I be able to buy one? Anyone else wanting one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I like the Charter Arms Pitbull!

I like the Charter Arms Pitbull!

I'm referring to the 9mm version, not the .40 S&W. My question is, when will I be able to buy one? Anyone else wanting one for ccw? For those of you who
    don't know, this is a DA/SA revolver chambered in 9mm, that does not require moon clips. Instead it uses a dual-spring ejector rod to hold the rounds in the cylinder and headspace the rounds. While I prefer semiautomatic pistols, this is a very interesting platform for ccw. So, what do you guys think? Good idea for a ccw weapon, or a marketing gimmick?
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    For someone who wants to standardize their ammo, it's very cool.

As far as a defensive tool, I think I'd take a regular revolver with fewer moving parts to go wrong.

IMHO, it's all sizzle & no steak. S&W and Ruger have both tried it before. They've both got better engineers, better manufacturing & bigger development budgets than does Charter Arms. The dual spring ejector rod to make it work seems to me just a complicated solution to a non-existant problem. If you MUST HAVE a 9mm wheelgun, find a discontinued SP101 in 9mm. It's gonna' be expensive. Yep, it uses moon clips. But another name for a moon clip is ...a speedloader.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Not for me.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Do revolvers actually have less moving parts? I do not know and have seen a schematic that made me question the statement myself.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I'd like to see one in person. I wouldn't worry about who has the best engineers, I'm sure they all have good ones. I have been hearing allot of good stuff about Charter these days. Smith quality has went down these days from the Smith's of yesterday, Ruger is a good brand but heavy IMO.

I myself would love to have a 9mm revolver. That would give me cheaper ammo to practice with, allowing me to practice more. I don't know about the ejection concept that they are using. I personally would rather use moonclips myself. But I see where most would not want to use moonclips. The thought of loading and shooting just like any other revolver is a high appeal for most I believe.

VIP Member
    I would like to try one out. I used to have a Ruger revolver in 9mm but sold it for a large profit.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

They make the .38 Special for that.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I've posted it before CENTERFIRE SYSTEMS have them for $329

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    If the new style ejection works as advertised I don't see why this wouldn't be an interesting gun to have.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    I've posted it before CENTERFIRE SYSTEMS have them for $329
    Out of Stock

They're taking backorders
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

I would think they would put more effort into making their revolvers smoother and tighter. This by itself would increase sales. If they can't get the basics down, I don't trust them for this new design.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I just hope they market it in the Lavender Lady color.

I read, here or elsewhere, that the Charter Arms .40 S&W version had already been discontinued. I have no evidence to support that rumor. My question remains...why bother? As for S&W quality control or Ruger weight? I wouldn't take two Charter Arms revolvers for one of either brand. If you want a cheap DA revolver with which to practice, buy a .22 LCR.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links