To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4?

This is a discussion on To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sorry you had an unacceptable email exchange with us. We've since dealt with the issue on our end, hopefully we won't run into it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4?

I'm sorry you had an unacceptable email exchange with us. We've since dealt with the issue on our end, hopefully we won't run into it again.

That being said I think if I were in your shoes I'd do the following:

Buy a G20SF or G21SF Gen3 model, buy a longslide from us and use it with joyous content until the point we bring out our large frame Timberwolf frame (early 2013 likely). Then when you have our frame and our slide you can put your OEM Glock back together and sell it off for nearly what you paid.

I've got a message out to our Armorer (who provided the pic I already posted) to see if he can snap me a pic of a longslide on a Gen4 frame for you. When I have it I'll come back and post the pic for everyone to see. You can visualize it as a longslide is just a bit longer on the dustcover area. A Tactical Slide (which is what's in the pic already posted) is a 5.32" barrel and the longslides use a 6.02" barrel to give you an idea how much longer the slide would be.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfDist View Post
    I'm sorry you had an unacceptable email exchange with us. We've since dealt with the issue on our end, hopefully we won't run into it again.

That being said I think if I were in your shoes I'd do the following:

Buy a G20SF or G21SF Gen3 model, buy a longslide from us and use it with joyous content until the point we bring out our large frame Timberwolf frame (early 2013 likely). Then when you have our frame and our slide you can put your OEM Glock back together and sell it off for nearly what you paid.

I've got a message out to our Armorer (who provided the pic I already posted) to see if he can snap me a pic of a longslide on a Gen4 frame for you. When I have it I'll come back and post the pic for everyone to see. You can visualize it as a longslide is just a bit longer on the dustcover area. A Tactical Slide (which is what's in the pic already posted) is a 5.32" barrel and the longslides use a 6.02" barrel to give you an idea how much longer the slide would be.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
    I eagerly await your pictures

I'm too much of a geek to not want a Gen4... it's the NEW STUFF Having said that though, I am very interested in the Timberwolf lowers, and might build a complete LWD pistol out of one with a longslide once they're out.

I appreciate your efforts to improve my experience. Thank you.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Here's a longslide

Here's another view that shows the gap better.

Here's a longslide
    From those pictures... it doesn't look to me like it would be visible from any angle but in front of the muzzle, is that correct?

Somehow I don't think if someone's looking down the muzzle of a "Big Bad Wolf" Longslide Glock he's going to be making comment that there's a gap under the dust-cover. It's more likely that he will have...other things on his mind

On the assembled upper, is that hole under the front of the gude-rod channel filled with something, or is it always going to be open? Having never owned a Glock, I'm not sure what would occupy that hole...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

The hole under the guide rod channel is required to be able to put the front sight on and off.. The glock utilizes a screw on front sight and without that access hole your tool wouldn't be able to access the nut.

It should also be noted with this hybrid setup you are also going to need to use a Gen3 guide rod system. Our SS LWD-GRA2021 with poly washer would be ideal.

Ask any GLOCK grip reduction whiz & they'll tell you that the frame is almost infinitely adaptable. Paul Gregory Peak or Bowie Tactical can fill that gap & you'll not even remember that it once was there. Funny thing about seriously wanting something that's not yet available, sometimes it requires custom work.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

The hole under the guide rod channel is required to be able to put the front sight on and off.. The glock utilizes a screw on front sight and without that access hole your tool wouldn't be able to access the nut.
    Is there some kind of cover that can be dropped in there to close the hole cosmetically? That hole actually seems more cosmetically off than the gap under the dust cover.

This is all great information though, maybe it could go in your FAQ under "LWD Slides on a Gen4".

It should also be noted with this hybrid setup you are also going to need to use a Gen3 guide rod system. Our SS LWD-GRA2021 with poly washer would be ideal.
    That leads me to another (or, the main) issue with your sales guy's email. I could never get him to send me a list of the part numbers I need to order to build a complete upper. Can you post them here? This is the question as I submitted it to him:

Can you provide me a parts list that would assemble a working slide with the barrel specified?

I'd like to use the LWD-SLIDE20LS slide with the LWD-20L10TH threaded barrel. Beyond that, I don't know much of anything except that I'd like the LWD parts whenever there is an option, and I want a complete slide so I don't have to rob parts of the stock slide and they can be fully interchangeable.
    He responded with a list of sights and accessories, but what I need is a list of the internal parts so I can make an intelligent order along with the 'labor charge' to assemble it.

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Ask any GLOCK grip reduction whiz & they'll tell you that the frame is almost infinitely adaptable. Paul Gregory Peak or Bowie Tactical can fill that gap & you'll not even remember that it once was there. Funny thing about seriously wanting something that's not yet available, sometimes it requires custom work.
    Actually, I'd be more interested in having someone add something to the slide in that spot, as I'd like to be able to switch back and forth with nothing more than field stripping the slide off. But, I really don't mind the gap there, I don't know why the guy who responded to my email was so convinced that it was ugly <shrug>

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    That leads me to another (or, the main) issue with your sales guy's email. I could never get him to send me a list of the part numbers I need to order to build a complete upper. Can you post them here?
    Giving a complete list of parts needed is a tough thing to do in an email, there are MANY options and to build a custom slide like this is really better left to a phone call where we can talk you through all the options and costs associated.

We do have a "shop by schematic" feature here: Lone Wolf Distributors - Schematics
    With this feature you are able to visually see all the parts that make up a slide and click on them to see options.

To see a list of parts that go into the slide internals on a G20 you can go to our "slide parts" page here: Lone Wolf Distributors - Products - LWD-Slide 20

We make nearly every internal part in the slide so that's an option.

I know this isn't a full list but its extremely time consuming to type everything out. If you send me an email at Zack@LoneWolfDist.com I can send you a screenshot of a list of parts that go into a slide.

The links I have provided will get you 99% of the way there though. When you are ready to order give me a call (ext 110) and we'll get it all flushed out and ordered.

Giving a complete list of parts needed is a tough thing to do in an email, there are MANY options and to build a custom slide like this is really better left to a phone call where we can talk you through all the options and costs associated.

We do have a "shop by schematic" feature here: Lone Wolf Distributors - Schematics
    With this feature you are able to visually see all the parts that make up a slide and click on them to see options.

To see a list of parts that go into the slide internals on a G20 you can go to our "slide parts" page here: Lone Wolf Distributors - Products - LWD-Slide 20

We make nearly every internal part in the slide so that's an option.

I know this isn't a full list but its extremely time consuming to type everything out. If you send me an email at Zack@LoneWolfDist.com I can send you a screenshot of a list of parts that go into a slide.

The links I have provided will get you 99% of the way there though. When you are ready to order give me a call (ext 110) and we'll get it all flushed out and ordered.
    You are a credit to your company. I wanted to post that here, where your bosses can see it.

What I'll do (once my LGS can get me a pistol) is email you with what I think I need, and you can correct me where I'm wrong. I'll also email you some samples of what I'd like engraved.

Thank you again, and I hope this thread helps others with similar questions.

-- John F. Kennedy

That sounds good. I'm actually the same person that handles all the laser engraving graphics so you'll get the same level of service then as you do now.

Please ensure any graphics that you send in are black and white line drawings with no shading and large as possible.

Like I said LW. This gun puts me about 1.5" at 25 yards with 180 grain handloads. This is my go to deer hunting gun and woods walker gun. Sorry about the blurry one phone camera not the best.

IMAG0089.jpgIMG_0273.jpg
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Like I said LW. This gun puts me about 1.5" at 25 yards with 180 grain handloads. This is my go to deer hunting gun and woods walker gun.
    Yes... but you said it in response to "is there anyone besides Lone Wolf".

"Hey, does anyone but Fred work on roofs around here?" "Yeah, call Fred, he does roofs."

I thought it was funny...

-- John F. Kennedy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links