To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4?

This is a discussion on To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who is working to get you setup?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4?

Who is working to get you setup?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Who is working to get you setup?
    Zach... but he showed up after you did
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Like I said LW. This gun puts me about 1.5" at 25 yards with 180 grain handloads. This is my go to deer hunting gun and woods walker gun. Sorry about the blurry one phone camera not the best.

Attachment 61812Attachment 61813
    RamJet that's a cool pistol.. what sites are those? They almost look like suppressor height sights.

If you'd like to send me a nice clear photo to post on our facebook page I'd be happy to Zack@LoneWolfDist.com

Sure I just have to get the camera out instead of the Phone I will do.

They are Tru dot night sites however I am changing them to Advantage Tactical Sites regulated for 50 yards with 155 grain Hornady XTP ammo. I love the ATS they are great for old eyes like mine you can see them on the Standard setup.

The muzzle brake works better than expected. I shot a defensive drill with that gun and essentially ripped one large hole instead of groups. I am throughly impressed with the setup.

Lone Wolf indeed I had a vision.

Sure I just have to get the camera out instead of the Phone I will do.

They are Tru dot night sites however I am changing them to Advantage Tactical Sites regulated for 50 yards with 155 grain Hornady XTP ammo. I love the ATS they are great for old eyes like mine you can see them on the Standard setup.

The muzzle brake works better than expected. I shot a defensive drill with that gun and essentially ripped one large hole instead of groups. I am throughly impressed with the setup.
    How does it compare to the same setup when you take the compensator off?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

The recoil is sharper without the brake but no impact on the accuracy. (like that "impact")

The recoil is sharper without the brake but no impact on the accuracy. (like that "impact")
    The comp drives up the price enough that it will be a "later" thing, but that's why I wanted the threaded barrel. Thanks for the feedback :)

-- John F. Kennedy

Lone Wolf Distributors Blog

We made a nice infographic showing different slides on a Gen4 frame for reference.

Huh... that's really handy, thanks for posting :)

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfDist View Post
    Lone Wolf Distributors Blog

We made a nice infographic showing different slides on a Gen4 frame for reference.
    Do you all have pic of G20 with Tactical Length barrel?
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

There are some other threads on other forums that seem to indicate that there are some function issues running a g3 slide on a g4 frame. Something about the slide riding too low? I'm not sure what they're talking about... Is this issue resolved by using your adapter to run a g3 recoil assembly on a g4?

Gen3 slide on a Gen4 frame?

-- John F. Kennedy

I don't have a pic handy of a T barrel in a G20 with standard slide.. you are going from a 4.6 to a 5.15 barrel so you can visualize by adding a bit over half an inch to the barrel.

The issue in Wisconsin is the minimum barrel length for hunting. The long slide and barrel gets wihtin the minimum.

Second benefit is the accurate ,low recoiling handgun. I even tried the Burris fast fire II on this setup but prefer the open sites on it.

@LoneWolfDist: do you guys ever anticipate offering complete Timberwolf pistols? I don't understand the intricacies of ATF regulations, but since the lower is a "firearm" per regulations (and requires shipment to an FFL), doesn't it logically follow that you could sell it as a complete weapon?
    Last edited by livewire; August 25th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

-- John F. Kennedy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links