To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4?

This is a discussion on To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm buying myself a Glock 20 because I've always wanted a 10mm since I was young enough to flip through the pages of Gun Digest. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4?

To the Glock Guys, G20 Longslide for Gen4?

I'm buying myself a Glock 20 because I've always wanted a 10mm since I was young enough to flip through the pages of Gun Digest. I'm finally biting the bullet and getting a G20 since nobody else has one for a reasonable price. I decided to go with the Gen4 as it seems to overcome some of the things us non-glock guys don't like about Glock pistols and I've always been a guy that buys new stuff... it's the geek in me.

I have also wanted a 6" barrel and longslide for quite some time. I've heard nothing but good things about Lone Wolf Distributors, and have been drooling over their G20L slide for quite some time. I finally contacted them yesterday to find out what I needed, and I find out that all I hear about how great they are is just a rumor...

So, since LWD apparently has no interest in developing a slide for the newest version of the hardware that they seem to have built their entire business around... does anyone know where I could find someone that DOES make a longslide kit for the G20 Gen4?

Thanks...

Hi.

I'm purchasing a Gen4 G20, and am interested in building a LWD Longslide
    upper for it. I'm not exactly a gunsmith, and I intend to have you guys
    assemble it for me.

The problem I'm having is I don't know what I need to order. Is there a
    parts list that I can use as a reference to make sure I don't miss
    something important? I'd like to use LWD parts whenever there's the
    option, so maybe a list of parts with alternative options marked as
    such? I do know I'd like to build it around the LWD-20L10TH threaded
    barrel.

If you could provide such a list, I'll be ordering an assembled slide as
    soon as the budget allows.

Thank you,

(me)
    Out slides are not intended for the Gen 4 Glocks, They will work on the Gen 4's but they look bad, At the guide rod area, big gap. FYI

Regards,

(name withheld)
    Sales

Lone Wolf Distributors Inc.<http://www.lonewolfdist.com/>
    Phone: 208-448-0600 x104
    Fax: 208-448-0601
    Open M-F 8-4 PST
    Are you planning an updated version that works better with the Gen4?
    What's its expectation for release?

Thanks,

(me)
    nothing at this time.

Regards,

(name withheld)
    Sales

Lone Wolf Distributors Inc.<http://www.lonewolfdist.com/>
    Phone: 208-448-0600 x104
    Fax: 208-448-0601
    Open M-F 8-4 PST
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

2. Remove Ads

Can't help ya' on the Gen4 G20 long slide, but I can tell you that some of the barrel suppliers (KKM?) might have extended 10mm aftermarket barrels that'll drop into a Gen 4. I know the 10mm KKM conversion barrel for the stock Gen 3 G21 is 6".
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Can't help ya' on the Gen4 G20 long slide, but I can tell you that some of the barrel suppliers (KKM?) might have extended 10mm aftermarket barrels that'll drop into a Gen 4. I know the 10mm KKM conversion barrel for the stock Gen 3 G21 is 6".
    I don't want a barrel that sticks out the front of the slide... does KKM make longslide kits?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

You should understand that companies like LW look at market demands.

There probably isn't enough to warrant a longslide for the 10mm/Gen4.

Also be advised that LW has suffered from reported QC problems in the last year for so for both barrels and slides.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    You should understand that companies like LW look at market demands.

There probably isn't enough to warrant a longslide for the 10mm/Gen4.

Also be advised that LW has suffered from reported QC problems in the last year for so for both barrels and slides.
    You'd think that 'market demands' would encourage them to keep up with the vendors that they base their entire business on... but it's a moot point now, do you know of an alternative source for longslides?

-- John F. Kennedy

Lone wolf

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I don't want a barrel that sticks out the front of the slide... does KKM make longslide kits?
    Nope. But they do make one heck of a barrel.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Nope. But they do make one heck of a barrel.
    Well, I might grab one of their barrels when I find someone to make me a slide then :)

-- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Lone wolf
    Huh... wonder why I didn't think of that...
    zeppelin03 likes this.

-- John F. Kennedy

Nothing against Lonewolf. I have a few of their barrels, and they have worked just fine for me.

They can't even keep up with their current stock, so doubt they will be going out of their way to revamp the tooling process to accommodate the Gen4's any time soon. Not only this, but they outsource the production of their slides and barrels anyways.

I have been on the waiting list for a G20LS slide since 2/2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Nothing against Lonewolf. I have a few of their barrels, and they have worked just fine for me.

They can't even keep up with their current stock, so doubt they will be going out of their way to revamp the tooling process to accommodate the Gen4's any time soon. Not only this, but they outsource the production of their slides and barrels anyways.

I have been on the waiting list for a G20LS slide since 2/2012.
    Any idea who they outsource to, or who else might be able to get their hands on them?

I've been continuing to try to work wtih Lone Wolf as I still may end up with a Gen3 (the Gen4 is still really hard to find) but it's like pulling teeth. Maybe it's just the guy I got who has zero interest in customer service, but even trying to get info on a gen3 kit is beyond frustrating.

-- John F. Kennedy

South Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    South Korea.
    Cool, I'll just get ahold of them and ask them to send me one.

Any other suggestions?

-- John F. Kennedy

Hello,

Right now we don't have any plans to make a Gen4 specific slide. The 20/21 Gen4's are relatively new and haven't saturated the market just yet. This decision will be revisited as time goes on.

However, you may decide the gap using a Gen3 slide with Gen4 frame is acceptable to you.

It will function 100%. You'll need to use a Gen3 guide rod and spring but the gap isn't as bad as you'd think.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me through the marketing link on the contact us page of our website.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolfDist View Post
    Hello,

Right now we don't have any plans to make a Gen4 specific slide. The 20/21 Gen4's are relatively new and haven't saturated the market just yet. This decision will be revisited as time goes on.

However, you may decide the gap using a Gen3 slide with Gen4 frame is acceptable to you.

It will function 100%. You'll need to use a Gen3 guide rod and spring but the gap isn't as bad as you'd think.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me through the marketing link on the contact us page of our website.
    I don't know how many people you have there, or what the hierarchy is, and I don't want to offend. That being said, I have been drooling over the LWD longslide builds for years. The fellow that emailed me has pretty much completely turned me off of LWD products, though I haven't written you off completely yet. After the exchange I quoted above, it actually got worse, even after I said I might still end up with a Gen3. It shouldn't be too hard to track down my messages, there can't be that many 'livewire's emailing you.

What I'll be getting is a G20. Gen3SF or Gen4 remains to be seen, though I prefer a Gen4. Which I get depends on whether my LGS can find a Gen4 before I have the money to spend. Do you have any images of a longslide (6" barrel) on a Gen4 pistol of comparable size to a G20? I'm new to Glock, so I don't know how significant the differences are in size between the different calibers.

-- John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links