H&K reputation? Need your opinions

This is a discussion on H&K reputation? Need your opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sometime in the near future, I'm planning on trading in my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm (Compact model) for another mid size but lighter gun. I ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: H&K reputation? Need your opinions

H&K reputation? Need your opinions

Sometime in the near future, I'm planning on trading in my Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm (Compact model) for another mid size but lighter gun. I already pocket carry a Sig P238. I also have a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 in .45 ACP for home protection. I'm looking for a mid to large firearm in 9mm with a decent sized grip to shoot at the range. Bigger than a Sig P938 but lighter than a Beretta PX4 Storm. Somewhere between 20-25 ounces in weight. I'm considering an H&K P2000 but I don't know about H&K's build quality reputation. Is H&K considered a "trusted" brand like Sig and Glock? Your thoughts please.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

2. Remove Ads

H&K makes fine firearms, there is no question about that. Where many people, myself included, seem to have issues is that H&K seems to think their pistols are worth a lot more money than many consumers think they are worth.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

H&K is certainly a trusted mfg'er. Pistols don't get any better than H&K, imho. Just as good maybe, but not better.

VIP Member
    Ditto what buckeye said. Generally speaking, they make fine firearms. And then they assign a reasonable price to them. Then they double that, and call it good. :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

H&K is a good company but WAY overhyped in my opinion and their pricing is insane for what you get. the P2000 is one of their more popular models among CCW crowds so I would say you would be fine.
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

They are quality firearms for sure. I do think they are overpriced though.

HK makes some of the best quality fighting pistols you can buy in my opinion. They are priced higher than Glocks, but priced pretty close to comparable Sig models from what I've seen.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Outstanding quality! The P2000 is very similar in size to the ultra carry. Probably as accurate. IMHO one of the best in the class for a mid/smaller carry pistols. But then the prices rears it's ugly face. G19 and PPQ to name a few make it hard to shell out the cash for one. If the price difference is cheaper than your life, get it.

H&K makes great guns that said what you have described is a Walther PPQ.

My fav H&K is the 45 USP Tactical awesome weapon.
    bigdog44 likes this.

I own several HK firearms. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for. There are not many pistols you can lodge a bullet in the barrel, clear that bullet with a live round and then consistently shot 4" groups at 25 yards...As a general rules I consider HK and SIG Sauer the finest makers of firearms in the world. I completely trust my life to my HK USP .45 and it is normally on me or in my briefcase/bag. They also hold their value very well, plus owners rarely give them up.

Inserted by JD
    It it not recommended to attempt a similar bore obstruction test, nor is Jax advocating doing such (I hope). As a matter of refernece, the test in which the bore obstruction statement comes from can be seen here:

http://www.streetpro.com/usp/torture.html
    Last edited by JD; August 12th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Pardnah2u likes this.

I carry the H&K USPc40, for just over a year now. As mentioned, the price is stiff, but they are excellent in handling and accuracy.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    HK is very reliable and dependable. I trust my life to my HK and others I have shot. I call HK the gun that you get if you have some money to spend, it's not a value pick. You can get all steel Sigs for the same price and the Elites blow away HK triggers. I have an HK worked on from Bruce Gray and it's nothing special for a 375.00 trigger job.

1. Overpriced
    2. Tend to be large
    3. Crappy trigger
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    H&K makes fine firearms, there is no question about that. Where many people, myself included, seem to have issues is that H&K seems to think their pistols are worth a lot more money than many consumers think they are worth.
    I have to agree. Great firearms all the way around, but not worth getting a letter of credit to make the purchase.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I think they make excellent firearms. I would trust one out of the box with no hesitation.

H&K makes fine weapons. I still have my USP45 from when I was a LEO (over a decade ago). It is one of my favorites!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links