New Pistol Tomorrow - S&W M&P .357 SIG

This is a discussion on New Pistol Tomorrow - S&W M&P .357 SIG within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be picking up my new M&P .357 SIG from my gunsmith tomorrow. I've been eyeing the M&P's for awhile, but there were other ...

Thread: New Pistol Tomorrow - S&W M&P .357 SIG

New Pistol Tomorrow - S&W M&P .357 SIG

I will be picking up my new M&P .357 SIG from my gunsmith tomorrow. I've been eyeing the M&P's for awhile, but there were other firearms at the front of the line. I found this one online for $399 NIB and decided to pull the trigger (pun intended). I went with the factory night sights ($40 extra) and should have enough spare kydex to make a holster for it. This will be the first .357 SIG I've owned, so I'm adding both a new model and caliber. All tolled with shipping and nominal transfer fee (my GS has a soft spot for operators and LEO) I'll have $479 in the pistol. My original intent was to go with the .40, but I already have a few and the price was right (I can pick up a barrel for @ $90 if I want). I do my own Glock work (trigger lightning/smoothing, reliability, stippling, etc) but work has me hopping lately. My GS started customizing M&P's awhile back, if the trigger is as heavy and gritty as I've read, I'll let them deal with it.

I'll report my thoughts on the pistol after I take it for a spin at the range in case anyone is interested.

2. Remove Ads

I have the M&P9c and love it love it love it. However I have a few other 9mm's so I was looking for someone wanting to trade it for a 40c

I have a M&P 40 FS & 40c, love them both. I hear people complain about the triggers on the M&Ps but they aren't an issue to me. The FS is a little better than the compact but neither are bad. After 500 or so rounds through each I'm very comfortable with both. You won't be sorry. I like them way better than any Glocks I've tried.

Very nice. I am a big fan of the 357sig. I shoot it quite a bit, but I also reload for it, so that helps keep the cost down. I currently shoot it in 4 platforms. G31, G32, G33, and a G24 converted to 357sig.

M&P here also. You should really enjoy the 357Sig. If you want you can easily switch out the barrels and use .40 cal if you want to. Very versatile.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I have an M&P in .357 Sig with Trijicon night sights as well. The trigger was not bad at first, and after a few hundred rounds it is very smooth and breaks clean.
    I also have a S&W barrel in .40 cal, and a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel.
    3 calibers in 1 box!

Congrats on your purchase.

By the way, we like pictures around here. (hint, hint)

Links