What do y'all think about Taurus?

This is a discussion on What do y'all think about Taurus? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Specifically the following one? TRACKER MODEL 44 http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...egory=Revolver Being in CA it seems that I have limited number of 44mag revolvers available to me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do y'all think about Taurus?

Specifically the following one?

TRACKER MODEL 44 http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...egory=Revolver

Being in CA it seems that I have limited number of 44mag revolvers available to me

Thumbs up

dont knw much about taurus revolvers but i carry a 24/7 9mm and love it. have not hand any probs with it and still shoots like a champ. taurus is good for me

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I had a Taurus 617 snubnose revolver. Nice little piece, and had the same capacity as a 1911 (Which I ended up trading the snubby for). I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another Taurus revolver. I don't know much about their semi-autos, other than the 24/7 got the 2005 handgun of the year award!

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    Specifically the following one?

TRACKER MODEL 44 http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...egory=Revolver

Being in CA it seems that I have limited number of 44mag revolvers available to me
    My dad has that exact gun but in titanium. Very good hand gun I would highly recommend the titanium as it is very light and easy to carry, Taurus firearms have really improved in quality over the last few years and their lifetime warrantee says lot for them as well

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post
    My dad has that exact gun but in titanium. Very good hand gun I would highly recommend the titanium as it is very light and easy to carry, Taurus firearms have really improved in quality over the last few years and their lifetime warrantee says lot for them as well
    The titanium one is not legal in Cali :(
    Or at least it's not on the DOJ approved list.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I have the Taurus Tracker in .22 LR and a Titanium snubbie in .38. They have both been very reliable guns and the quality is quite good. The fit and finish is great and they are both fairly accurate.

Not sure if the Ruger Redhawk is legal in CA, but if I were you I would give the Ruger Redhawk a look as well. If I remember right the price is not that much different.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I have A Rossi/Taurus R35102 .38 snub, thats a real workhorse. I only owned it a year, but it has been carried alot, shot alot (even with +P loads), and looks and works just like the day I bought it. Not bad for a $200 gun
    Attached Images

I carry a Taurus 605 in titanium. It shoots .357 mag , is small, light, easy to carry and powerful enough to ruin any bad guys day.

I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro in 9mm and I love it. While it's not a revolver, I have looked at a few of their revolvers and their quality seems to have improved quite a bit since I first started looking at them.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
    -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

I have the 605 and love it. Had a 945, really like it, traded to Rhome, will eventually get it back. Again, the lifetime warranty says a lot!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

they make a good gun. as with all makers you can get a bad gun, but they make a good gun. get the best deal ($$$$) on the gun.

I bought a model 85 ultra-lite .38 several months ago and have been very pleased with it.

I recently shot a Tracker in .45 acp and found it to be very nice. The trigger was a little "gritty" but the guy said he had less than 100 rounds through it, I'm sure it'll smooth out after a few hundred cycles.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

My opinion on Taurus revolvers is pretty negative. I have purchased 6 NIB Taurus revos. Three worked just find and three required repair by the factory. Taurus' quality control and customer service are just terrible. Took me literally months to get the revos repaired (remember, these were NIB guns) and that has really soured my attitude towards Taurus. A lot is written on the net about how Taurus has improved. Friends have had the same kind of problems with guns that they purchased just months ago - again, NIB! I won't buy any more Taurus products. Life is just too short for the hassle.

One of the three revos that did work well was a Taurus Tracker in 357 with a four inch barrel. It was a find performer. FWIW
    W
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Thanks guys. I just got (I mean I spent the $ but will get in 10 days) the 4" Tracker.

Can't wait to take it home

All of my guns are Taurus. I used to own a 44 Tracker. It did need to be sent back to Taurus. However, I just boxed it up with a note and shipped it to Taurus without even calling them. 3 and a half weeks later I got it back repaired and it worked fine after that. I only sold it because I couldn't afford to drive 45 miles one way to the only shop around that had 44 special ammo. Both that and 44 magnum were too expensive for me to shoot, so I sold it.
    And this was in the last year so I'm very skeptical about negative reports about Taurus' customer service. I'll take a Taurus over any of the more expensive makers, auto or revolver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links