For Shield lovers: If you couldn't have a 9MM Shield..... - Page 4

For Shield lovers: If you couldn't have a 9MM Shield.....

This is a discussion on For Shield lovers: If you couldn't have a 9MM Shield..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The comparable Sig or Kahr....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: For Shield lovers: If you couldn't have a 9MM Shield.....

The comparable Sig or Kahr.
    Pistoldoc likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    wouldn't do business with Shoot Straight if they were giving guns away. "Come take your concealed weapons class from us, and buy all your guns here.....but the next time you come, make sure you leave your gun in the car." What a joke.
    My Shoot Straight has a sign saying no loaded guns but then under that there is a line about we respect the right to carry concealed, just make sure it stays concealed.

I have no problems with that. And every time I hear of a gun that's hard to find - the Shield, the XDs for example - they have it in stock every time I go. Personally I love having a gun store nearby that has the hot items, I just wish I had an unlimited bank account!!
    Pistoldoc likes this.

Just purchased a Kahr CW9. Great weapon.
    Pistoldoc likes this.

Hold out for the Shield and carry the G19 in the meantime. The Kahr's are tough to rack the slide so rent one before you buy - my wife loves her Shield, hates my CM9, loves my G19.

Revolver's are an option but don't let anyone talk you into one because they are 'much simpler than a semi-auto'.

As for caliber - 9mm/38 or bigger.
    Pistoldoc likes this.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    My Shoot Straight has a sign saying no loaded guns but then under that there is a line about we respect the right to carry concealed, just make sure it stays concealed.

I have no problems with that. And every time I hear of a gun that's hard to find - the Shield, the XDs for example - they have it in stock every time I go. Personally I love having a gun store nearby that has the hot items, I just wish I had an unlimited bank account!!
    +1

I questioned the sign recently to confirm protocol - they said it was 'adjusted' recently because idiots were pulling a loaded concealed weapons and asking if they had sights/holster/whatever for this. The employees said they had been swept numerous times.

To be clear, if you plan on taking a gun to shoot or get fitted for something, it's encased and unloaded.

Carry gun stays concealed - period. Makes sense.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    wouldn't do business with Shoot Straight if they were giving guns away. "Come take your concealed weapons class from us, and buy all your guns here.....but the next time you come, make sure you leave your gun in the car." What a joke.
    If that was true the range would be empty.
    -Douglas Adams

Whie I went through a similar experience, I still found a Shield to swoop on. During the decision making process, I shot every gun mentioned prior, except the PPS. In my opinion, all of them would be great choices, minus the Kahrs. Hated them. Put them down after one mag each.

I have a Shield in .40 and it is a great shooter. I thought it would be my daily carry gun, but it actually only leaves the house on occasion. It has yet to supplant my Glock 32.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Smile To Pistoldoc

Quote Originally Posted by Pistoldoc View Post
    I just got my CHL in the mail and want to get a carry gun.
    I REALLY like the Shield but, alas, none are available anywhere around here (pretty much everyone that I called said that they're expecting it to be the first of the year before they'll have some). I'm not really impressed by the Kimber Solo or Ruger LC9 (okay, but just felt "meh" about them). If you couldn't have your Shield, what would you try? I have a Glock 19, but I don't like how it "conceals" on me (I'm a woman, just shy of 5'7 and weigh 130lbs on a "fat" day, for reference).
    I really don't want to wait 4+ months to start carrying.

Thanks in advance for advice/replies.
    You should definitely try the CM9 by Kahr. It has the sweetest trigger and by that I mean it is silk smoothe, not long pull like so many other pistols and a short reset to fire again.. price $400/450. it is light weight and recoil is mild for a pocket carry pistol.. P.S. That's why I own one..
    Cheers
    michael

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Why the cm9 ?? Now I have a cm and cw but the shield as not a pocket pistol so if thats on your newest got to have list might try the cw9. It is closer to weight and size of the shield and that extra weight and size makes it an easier pistol to hold and control.

I have a 5'3 102lb girl that also hates my cm9 but will shot the heck out of the cw9. Thats the difference of one more finger on the grip and 1/2" of barrel and 2oz . Both had 124gr +P ammo in them.
    sensei2 and Pukindog12 like this.

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread but did read several pages. ;)

Has anyone considered the Walther PPS? I've had one for three yrs. and it's super accurate and devours any jhp/fmj ammo I've fed it.

IMO, Walther really hit a homerun with this pistol. I'm very comfortable trusting my life to it.

ETA

As a member/reader of internet gun forums, the PPS is one of the most respected pistols on the internet in my experience.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I actually came across some good pistols from this thread.
    Anyhow, I just came home with my new Shield. I already love how it feels in my hand. I can't wait to take it to the range!

Thanks again!
    Lish and sensei2 like this.
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994**

where did you find one at?

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I actually came across some good pistols from this thread.
    Anyhow, I just came home with my new Shield. I already love how it feels in my hand. I can't wait to take it to the range!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow04 View Post
    where did you find one at?
    I had one transferred from out of state.
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994**

I had one transferred from out of state.

good deal.. if you dont mind, where did you find and how much? i have been looking for like 4 weeks now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links