Ruger LCP Chapter Two Video

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP Chapter Two Video within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I made a Chapter Two Ruger LCP review video after having some problems with fail-to-extract on it, ran more ammo through it, different ammo, and ...

Thread: Ruger LCP Chapter Two Video

Ruger LCP Chapter Two Video

I made a Chapter Two Ruger LCP review video after having some problems with fail-to-extract on it, ran more ammo through it, different ammo, and took it out to longer ranges. Here are the results. Not a single FTE using Winchester White Box .380 Auto. Over 100 rounds worth shot.

Plus, I was surprised at how well it did even at what many, I'm sure, would consider extreme ranges for such a tiny sub compact with lousy sights.

Which ammo have you guys found to be the most consistently reliable in the LCP?

Also, a guy suggested I use some sight paint and touch up my front post with bright red, rear with white. Your thoughts?

Ruger LCP Chapter Two Review

Chapter One.

2. Remove Ads

+1 on the white sight paint. I put it on my LCP and it really help with both the accuracy and quick sight pick-up. Nice video work. Thanks for the time and effort.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Great to hear you have had good results using the sight paint, thanks.

Distinguished Member
    I have just bought a usd LCP, I got this gun to replace a taurus TCP that. It had ftf issues in my break in period, then they strangely come back. Plus I had a magazine that wouldn't work at all in the gun. I decided I was done with taurus, never should of messed with them in the first place.

So got the used LCP and had failure to extract issues on it. Used a few diff types of ammo. Couldn't even get it to cycle at home with snap caps without having problem (I know these little pistols are finiky on hand cycling but it was consistent on the second or third round everytime with both magazines). Called ruger and sent it in. They did awesome in my book so far. They got it on monay or tuesday and had it back to me on friday. Said they replaced the barrel ??? Found that a little odd, I thought for sure it would of been a problem with the extractor. Haven't been able to get to the range yet, but cycled it a bunch of times with the snap caps with no problems. Hopefully all is well. I'll report after I get some live rounds through.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Am I only one who notices how slow round is tht you can see it hit target lol
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

I painted the front sights on our LCPs with a base coat of white nail polish (don't laugh!) and two coats of florescent red/orange model paint (buy it in a hobby store). Very durable, and makes the front sight nub more visible. I've left the rear sight notch stock.

As far as ammo, I mostly use WWB in all my guns in all calibers. For the LCP, I use the WWB 95 gr FMJ-FP as both range and carry ammo. I have also used Federal and Blazer Brass FMJ in our LCPs without issue. When .380 was scarce, I also used S&B and HPR. Still have the latter, but have not used it in a while. It seemed to shoot a bit dirty.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Saw the same thing...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Keep in mind that red is the first color to not be visible to the human eye in low light conditions. White is typically a better choice.

So far my LCP has had no failures at all and I use whatever cheap ammo I can get. But I can't shoot quiet as well as you did. I can hit the target pretty well at about seven yards though. 25 yards with a LCP WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    . I'd say what you're seeing is the sunlight glistening off the round as it passes by... I kinda doubt the human eye can focus on such a small object traveling at 800FPS..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    Keep in mind that red is the first color to not be visible to the human eye in low light conditions. White is typically a better choice.
    That's why I have CT Laserguards on them for low light. The red front sight is for bright light (outdoors in daytime).
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Links