1911 Can of Worms

This is a discussion on 1911 Can of Worms within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nothing personal meant. Just can't get over it. Boggles my mind. I think I'll be alright now...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1911 Can of Worms

Nothing personal meant. Just can't get over it. Boggles my mind. I think I'll be alright now
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
    I am building my own. Got the lower completely built. Only cost me $175 so far including the lower. Saving up for the BCM middy upper. When all is said and done, my AR will be built for less than $800, excluding optics.
    I never said it would be cheap. Thats why i dont like Colts either but you can get them.

...that's one good way to describe the 1911 platform!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

...we are NOT a free people.

Colt CCO or maybe Kimber Compact.........

The Officer's frame and Commander length slide is about perfect for a CCW .45 auto. My CCO has been carried daily for 4 years. Colt reintroduced at least a limited batch called the Gunsite CCO, do not know if those are still in production.
    I had an Officer's model before that, and combined with two other Officer's and a Kimber Ultra Carry...I never had any reliability problems that all the other guys like to talk about. Maybe I was lucky.
    I lived in South Florida for 10 years.....always carried a Officer's .45...never trusted a 'mouser' for the survival of me or my family. A good IWB rig and gunbelt makes all the diff....could hide it under an XL Tee or polo....
    If ya like five inchers, the Springfield Loaded is normaly a great buy. It has the bells and whistles already on it.
    I've only fired Kimber's(never owned) but all the ones I tried worked great. The Compact CDP is one of my favorite's, though a tad expensive.
    Have no experience with the S&W, but if they made a scandiminium CCO sized gun, I'd check it out......
    All those that favor Glocks.......
    OK, they work...they be fat, but they work. I do not care for how they point, the bulk, and the trigger. But they work and are rust resistant. I have tried a pair of the G-30's and a G-36(a couple of there 'lesser' caliber's too), but a good 1911-they ain't.
    That flat .45 caliber rock thrower is in a class all its own......
    Attached Images

Didn't think this question merited a new thread, but what are the cheapest models of 1911 with an ambidex safety?

I have two stainless Commander's. A Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail and a Smith & Wesson Scandium Commander that I had Bobtailed. Without hesitation I would recommend the S&W. Easy to conceal, especially since I had it Bobtailed, snuggles into the curvature of my palm, light, accurate, reliable, a real fun shooter - in my view, the perfect Carry Pistol. You can see it at www.ontargetcgw.com , select "1911 Gallery," then select "Smith & Wesson Bobtail."
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I carry a Colt Defender no problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links