Anyone use CT Master Series Grips on 1911?

This is a discussion on Anyone use CT Master Series Grips on 1911? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been wanting a Dan Wesson CCO for a good while and finally ordered one yesterday. As this will be one of my carry pistols, ...

Thread: Anyone use CT Master Series Grips on 1911?

Anyone use CT Master Series Grips on 1911?

I've been wanting a Dan Wesson CCO for a good while and finally ordered one yesterday. As this will be one of my carry pistols, I'll be putting CT grips on it, as I do all my EDCs. I'm kind of "Old School" and partial to wood grips on my 1911s. I sure like the looks of the CT Rosewood Master Series but they look thick in all the pictures I've seen(never seen a pair in person). If anyone has these grips or any experience at all with them, I'd like opinions as to the thickness compared to normal size grips, especially those on the CCO. Pics would be greatly appreciated, as well. Thanks!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I don't use the master series grips but I have some standard black CT grips and they aren't any bigger than the stock grips that came with my 1911.

I found a short write up on the master series, in case it might be helpful for you.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

picture-1.jpgI am using the Grey/Black MS on my Kimber Ultra CDP II. The grips are almost exactly the same thickness as the original Rosewood grips that came with the gun. Be aware that I don't have a pair of calipers to accurately measure them but a side by side visual inspection indicated that they were so close that I could not tell the difference. The time tested 'how's it feel in the hand' comparison also supports the visual inspection results. I'm very pleased with them.

One thing to note is that I will need to make a small adjustment to my Crossbreed Supertuck to have the gun fit properly. The laser comes out a bit more forward on the grip than the old style CT's so it bumps into the kydex before seating all the way. A quick application of my Dremel tool will fix that right up...
    Last edited by foamx; August 14th, 2012 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks....any other opinions/pics would be appreciated!
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

foamx, that's a beautiful gun!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by foamx View Post
    picture-1.jpgI am using the Grey/Black MS on my Kimber Ultra CDP II. The grips are almost exactly the same thickness as the original Rosewood grips that came with the gun. Be aware that I don't have a pair of calipers to accurately measure them but a side by side visual inspection indicated that they were so close that I could not tell the difference. The time tested 'how's it feel in the hand' comparison also supports the visual inspection results. I'm very pleased with them.

One thing to note is that I will need to make a small adjustment to my Crossbreed Supertuck to have the gun fit properly. The laser comes out a bit more forward on the grip than the old style CT's so it bumps into the kydex before seating all the way. A quick application of my Dremel tool will fix that right up...
    Those G10s on yours look to be the same thickness as the Rosewood......from all the pics I've seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    foamx, that's a beautiful gun!
    Thank you. It's not everyones taste but I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by TXOutfitter View Post
    Those G10s on yours look to be the same thickness as the Rosewood......from all the pics I've seen!
    It seems like they are based on the info I've found on the web. I suppose a quick call to CT would clear it up. BTW, I almost got the Rosewood instead of the G10's. I think the Rosewoods are really attractive. I'm going to have to buy a new 1911 just so I can get them ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by foamx View Post
    It seems like they are based on the info I've found on the web. I suppose a quick call to CT would clear it up. BTW, I almost got the Rosewood instead of the G10's. I think the Rosewoods are really attractive. I'm going to have to buy a new 1911 just so I can get them ;-)
    We always seem to come up with an excuse to buy another pistol/gun, don't we?

Here are pics of the CT Rosewood Master Series grips I ordered for my new CCO taken at the range during a shooting session yesterday. They don't seem any wider than the Dan Wesson grips that came on the pistol.

IMG_0857_2.jpg
    IMG_0859_2.jpg

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Very nice! How'd they work for you?
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Really nice!

Beautiful. The rosewood, imo gives a suped up 1911 a classic and nostalgic look of the gi model with all the function stuff we do to em. Great looking setup foamx and TXOutfitter!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Very nice! How'd they work for you?
    Awesome! Shoots better than I can hold it. Here's the first shots with it after visually aligning laser with sights.....all at 7 yds resting on rail of shooting lane. Top group is 5 shots, then adjusted elevation....2nd group is 3 shots.....then adjusted windage and elevation and bottom group is 3 shots. After that I shot 100 hiccup free rounds with both 230 gr WW whitebox and my carry loads, Double Tap 185 gr Gold Dots. I just made bigger holes in every target I shot. This pistol is awesome but it's REALLY AWESOME with these grips.....they're not to hard to look at either!

CT CCO Target.jpg
    Attached Images

Links