XD Handguns

XD Handguns

This is a discussion on XD Handguns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On all the different models of the xD (xDM, xDMsc and in sure there are more. ) which ones seem the be the best. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: XD Handguns

XD Handguns

On all the different models of the xD (xDM, xDMsc and in sure there are more. ) which ones seem the be the best. I currently own xDM .40 OD Green/Black. I love this pistol but wonder if there is something better to look out for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my SA XD40 SC, have for quite awhile now.
    JerryMac likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have a XDM, a XD45c ,a XD-S and I had a XD9sc ....
    I like the XDM much better than the XD. Not that anything is wrong with the XD. I havent had a single issue with my 45c or with the 9sc I had.
    I just prefer the feel and slimmer look of the XDM. I sold my 9sc to purchase a XD-S 45 and have been very pleased with it.

I really like my XDm 4.5" .45 - shoots nice, conceals reasonably well on a 6'1" 245lb guy. I have tried the XDs, and I didn't like it - uncomfortable to shoot and the thin grip on it made it hard for me to just pick it up and point it without it moving around in my semi-big hand.
    I have not shot them, but I really like the feel of the XD subcompact models.

So, anyway...the SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD and XDm are really two different models. Some will get into the specifics about made in Croatia, built in the US or designed in the US based on Croatian design, blah blah blah. But the bottom line is, some people prefer the XDm over the XD due to upgraded triggers, slightly different internals and better ergos, or ergonomics, as some would prefer. The XD comes in Tactical 5 inch barrels, Service sized 4 inch barrels, or the Sub-Compact 3 inch barrel (the XDsc that you speak of). The XDm comes in 3.8, 4.5 and 5.25 inch barrels and are referred to as such. Price wise, XDms can run as two-hundred to three-hundred more as your typical XD. Google images of each, you'll notice the difference immediately. Then there is the "latest and greatest" XDs. A single stack compact .45acp that has recently hit the shelves. Again, Google is your friend.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

I have a 4" XD9. The OD green color. I love it, even the color. Makes me not want to own a black handgun.
    About 4000 rounds thru it and very comfortable and fairly accurate with it.

Its my first handgun, and I'll never get rid of it - unless it is to pass it on to one of the kiddos.

I haven't shot any of the XDms, and don't really have the urge to. I am intrigued by the XDs 45.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

I have a XD40 / SC try to post a picture, but it seems to work pretty well, as far as the xd guns go, i use a UBG bonneville OWB, or a UBG canute, IWB ,,,, IMG_0685.jpg
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I should have added that I have an XD9sc. Love it! Accurate and reliable right out of the box.

ccman likes this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

I own and carry an XD, .40 sub compact. A lot of thought went into my purchase and departing from my usual habits, actually compared it with other guns. I knew that I wanted a compact, .40 caliber, polymer, striker fired, semi auto, with night sights for concealed carry. I made comparisons with Glock mod. 27, XDsc, XDm and M&P. My choice was made based on reputation, quality, fit, balance, and price. Without going into boring details, what worked best for me was [is] the XDsc. Your mileage may vary.
    ccman likes this.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

I carry the XD service model in 9mm. Great pistol. Did the research, tested fired a few and made the choice that was best for me. Would not change that decision after a couple thousand rounds through the pistol with no hiccups.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I guess I should have included a picture too... :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344979468.432411.jpg

xd.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344987626.160491.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344987640.713234.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344987660.549076.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344987678.637552.jpg

Here is a few pictures of my baby. I carry it everyday. A bit big but it suits me well. I love the OD Green. With more guns had that color combo.

I have the xdsc 9mm and a smith and wesson m&p9c and love them both. The xdm line of pistols are great to.

For the money, you really can't go wrong with any of the original XD's, regardless of caliber. I have and do own several in 9mm and .40, in 3" and 4" and they are great guns. My vote, dollar for dollar, is the originals (put me in for 9mm in 4" if I must choose only one).
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

I personally haven't shot the xD original. Just the xDm 40. I really want the xDm 9mm 3"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links