Sig p6/225 used price ?

This is a discussion on Sig p6/225 used price ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a Sig P6 on Armslist for $440. Seems way high to me---empty casing, owner says, is marked 1979! What do you think? I ...

Thread: Sig p6/225 used price ?

Sig p6/225 used price ?

There is a Sig P6 on Armslist for $440. Seems way high to me---empty casing, owner says, is marked 1979! What do you think? I know "a Sig is a Sig", but this seems ridiculous to me.Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

I think Buds had them shipped in Excellent condition for about that. CDNN or some other place had them for $359 with $15 shipping when I checked a couple months back.

sgb
    The scarcer they get the higher they go.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Yep,the early ones had issues with feeding HP ammo from what I remember,I believe a 1979 gun would be in that batch
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I had a 225 and I miss it. I recently saw one for sale locally for $350 and I wish I would have bought it.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Yep,the early ones had issues with feeding HP ammo from what I remember,I believe a 1979 gun would be in that batch
    easily fixed by a competent gunsmith or Sig will do it for you for about $80 IIRC.

If there were a 79 p6 on my armslist for that price, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. You should note the hollowpoint feeding issues that have been experienced with some/most/whatever of those. I would buy it because of my interest in Sigs in general, and the older West German ones are just cool to ME. Expect significant holster wear etc. That = 'character' to me, and is added value. As noted, the feeding issue can be handled by sending it to sig or to a gunsmith you trust. I am jealous of your opportunity!

My two cents :)

I have a Sig P6 that I bought for $400 a few years back. Born April 1991 and is marked that it was made in "WEST Germany". GREAT shooter. I put Night Sites on it & just had it Cerakoted. IT is pretty now and shoots like a champ.

$440 is not a bad price, but it is not a GREAT price either.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Links