Kahr CW45

Kahr CW45

This is a discussion on Kahr CW45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend is wanting to sell his Kahr CW45. He is asking 525.00 for the gun and a holster. My question is this a good ...

Thread: Kahr CW45

Kahr CW45

A friend is wanting to sell his Kahr CW45. He is asking 525.00 for the gun and a holster. My question is this a good deal for this gun? I have checked around at local dealers and they cannot keep them in stock. I have taken the gun out and shot about 50 rounds through it and other than getting used to the recoil ( it has alot more than my Glock 9mm ) it seemed like a great little pistol. I admit, I know very little about this model other than what I have seen online.

Will have to follow your thread. Been intrested in getting one myself but hesitated because I know very little about them and I don't know anyone that owns one. Would love to shoot one at the range.

That's about what I plan to sell mine for. I'm thinking $550 for mine with 2 extra magazines, a Crossbreed holster and factory installed night sights. I've had mine for about 2 years and have ran about 400 rounds through it. I'm going to miss it I'm sure. It's skinny enough you sometimes forget you have it. Skinny is the reason I'm going to part with mine. It is too small right at the top of the grip for my paws, looks like I'm stuck carrying a fat heavy gun.

Wow - seems high to me, unless the holster is a custom masterpiece. At the Crossroads show in Phoenix last weekend, any number of dealers had the various Kahr CWs (9, 40, 45) for around $380 - I didn't see any priced over $400.

I love my CW9, it's a great little gun, but I think $500 is overpriced unless you're getting a case of ammo with it.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Here's one NIB available @ Bud's for price comparison (remember this is a base model without night sights):

Kahr Arms 6 + 1 Round 45 ACP w/3.64" Barrel/Stainless Slide/ $355.00 SHIPS FREE

Figures, mine was $390 new ( 1 mag, no night sights). My luck they get cheaper when I decide I don't want one anymore.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnitBob View Post
    Figures, mine was $390 new ( 1 mag, no night sights). My luck they get cheaper when I decide I don't want one anymore.
    Welcome to club. Good ol' S&W did that to me when I bought a new 637 for around $500 and several years later they drop their price to the mid 300's.

That's okay, I wasn't gonna sell it anyways...

BTW, Bud's prices are tough to beat. They are all pretty much rock-bottom.

paid $355 for my CW45 on Buds. Davidson Gallery of Guns has them for $366. My local GS has them for $539.

No, $525 used is a really bad deal.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Thanks everyone, this helps.

No, $525 used is a really bad deal.
    Vr, I bought my CW45 (no accessories) for $330 on sale at Cheaper Than Dirt. Paid $25 for transfer fee, but no $ for shipping or sales tax. Throw in a Side Guard "Tuck Clip" holster for $65 + shipping. I'd search elsewhere for a new one as your buddy's is overpriced.

I really like my CW45. It's light, dependable, very comfortable to carry, has a tight action, and accurate. What's not to like? I think you'll like the CW45 as long as recoil doesn't bother you. The recoil's not bad, but the gun weighs bout 24 oz and is chambered in 45 ACP so there is recoil.

Interested in your buddy's Kahr

VR,
    Would your friend consider an offer of $325 for the pistol only? I might also be interested in the holster with more info.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Links