Called Smith and Wesson about Shield availability - Page 3

Called Smith and Wesson about Shield availability

This is a discussion on Called Smith and Wesson about Shield availability within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; no shortage of them around here. I went into LGS today to get a set of tru glo TFO's for my glock 19, and they ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Called Smith and Wesson about Shield availability

no shortage of them around here. I went into LGS today to get a set of tru glo TFO's for my glock 19, and they had 9mm shields readily available at $399

Remember when the LCP first came out? Couldnt find one anywhere. Just be patient. Let all the bugs come out. Put back $450 and in a couple years Shields will be found anywhere.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Whoah! Those numbers are amazing to me. I guess it was just some serendipity that I went in looking for a Gen 4 Glock 26 and walked out with a Shield earlier this summer. That "fraction of an inch" difference translates into a huge difference once you're wearing it.
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

Quote Originally Posted by DrahtDog View Post
    Thats funny because I was doing the same thing, but found a pps 9mm at the third stop. Loving it too. Evrybody had shields, but if someone in the Houston area cant find one, I can tell them who to call and locate one.

send me a pm where i can find a shield in stock... i am in the baytown area and would love to get my hands on one

I passed up a .40 this week that was $399 and am waiting on a 9mm to come in. I am second on this shops list. I just need to score by Christmas so I guess I will wait. Its for a lady shooter so I don't want to get the .40. Seems .40's are harder to find around here. But both are sporadic in nature. They come and go fast. But they do come.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I have a deposit down on a Shield. The clerk at the store said one guy had a deposit from April and still hasn't received his firearm yet.

So I called Smith and Wesson. I asked them about Shield availability. After a deathly long silence, the guy said he gets like 5 calls per day asking the same question. They are making 300-400/day with a backlog of 40,000. Hmmmmm. I am 12th on the list. I guess I will be waiting a while.
    I don't understand...... 2 weekends ago at a local gun show there were 3 venders that had the Shield. I see them often especially at Gun shows.
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Are you opposed to getting one from a vendor outside of your area?
    That's what I did. I'm picking it up from my FFL later this afternoon. The total cost ended up being about the same as if I had bought one here + tax (just a few bucks more).
    If you know someone who's seen one and the price is decent I'd go that way if you don't want to wait.
    "The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994**

Don't want to sound like it's all that and a bag of chips...

After all, it's just a gun. But, I was lucky enough to order my 9mm Shield early. (Got it in May). For my EDC needs, it just looked like it fit the bill for me. And it really does. This weapon has great size, features, and shoots accurately with surprisingly little recoil. It really is a great little gun. I haven't found anything I don't like about it. One of my buddies who is quite a (self-professed) Glock nut shot my Shield once and ordered one immediately (He's still waiting). It's worth the wait. Handy little shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    Same here in Miami - was at a show looking for a PPS three weeks ago. Nobody had the PPS but they all wanted to sell me the Shield. Go figure!
    Funny, when I bought my PPS they wanted me to buy the Shield too. I wasn't that impressed, and still walked away with the PPS. The Shield felt nice, but it didn't click with me.

I searched and searched for one for either my wife or myself to carry. Got close at times, but no cigar.

My wife now has a PPS and loves it- shoots it very well too. I picked up a Kahr K9 Elite and I absolutely love it.

We own a Glock 21 but we needed something a bit more practical for EDC and we got tired of waiting.

I love my PPS much better than the Shield but it is more expensive. I am not a fan of the thumb safety on the Shield. I hope that they will come out with a model with no thumb safety like the other M&P series.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Shortage

I can't find any in Cleveland Ohio. If anyone has a line on some inventory, please let me know.

Scott

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    they are pretty hard to get around here (metro detroit) and up in port huron/bad axe area....
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I'm glad I got mine the day after they were announced. First time I've been on the right side of a gun trend. :D
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I'm another one of the guys that got tired of hunting for the elusive Shield and ended up with a PPS.

Very happy with my purchase.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links