sig single stack

sig single stack

This is a discussion on sig single stack within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok, so I'm new to guns. I've been looking at getting a glock 19 or xd9 sub compact. I ruled out the sig p250 after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: sig single stack

sig single stack

ok, so I'm new to guns. I've been looking at getting a glock 19 or xd9 sub compact. I ruled out the sig p250 after feeling it, .. I haven't felt the xd yet. My boss told me that I could get a single stack sig for 500 used at a local shop. I had pretty much ruled sigs out because of the higher price point. Anyway, to get to the point, from my googling it looks like the P225 is the single stack that would be in that price range. Sigs website is hard to get good narrowed down information about models without looking at each one individually.

I degress, ... Single stack appeals to me for slimmer design for concealment. What models are single stack? What sigs are good for concealment?

The 225 is an older design, but a single stack. As is the 232, 238, and 239. The 225 and 239 can be had in 9mm, or .40 for the 239, the other two are .380s.

The 220 is also single stack, in a .45. It is a full sized pistol, but I conceal it. Any of them can be good for concealment, depending on how you dress.

The secret to getting Sigs at a good price, look for police trade ins.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I also have a fondness for single stacks. I really like the P239 but it is pricey. I ended up going with a S&W 908 as a BUG. It is nearly identical in size to the P239. It is a discontinued model but there are plenty still out there. Have you looked at a Kahr CW9? It is a very nice single stack that conceals well and is selling for $369 at Buds.

I would wait til you "feel" an XD before you buy anything.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    A P239 in 357Sig is the cat's meow.
    multistage likes this.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    A p238 is great concealed gun, it's a smaller caliber .380... I carry that or a g23 everday check prices's and gun shows can be found new for less than 500 for basic, with rosewood handles 600.. Here is http://www.gtdist.com/SearchResults....Category=GUNAM new price's for military, police, emergency responders it'll give you an idea of what you should or could pay
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    A P239 in 357Sig is the cat's meow.
    As is the 229, but that one is a double. Why I don't yet have a 239, I don't know.

I have a sig P6 which is a similar gun to the 225 .It is very concealable and i carry it alot.If i remember correctly these guns were imported into the U.S. in 2007.I recall these could be found from $300 to $475, the availability of these pistols has dropped off and i am not sure what they are selling for these days.I picked mine up in a local gun shop in 2009 for $318.00.Reliable concealable and (back then) inexpensive.
    Last edited by CIBMike; August 17th, 2012 at 05:51 AM.
    The easy way is always mined.

Kinda vearing from your question but have you looked at the xDse 9 or 40. I fell in love with it for carrying daily. I'd check it out. Or for larger I carry and xDm 40 and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Sigs with single stacks...

I have two Sig single stack guns that are compact and suitable for carry, the P239 (9mm) and the P245 (45 ACP). They are about the same size and weight, and will fit in the same holslter. I have carried both, and they are accurate and reliable. I would recommend either one if you like DA/SA guns with a decocker.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    IMO I think a Sig 239 DA/SA is a great carry choice, the other 239 that are SAS DAK are very nice guns, but the big wooden grips hinders concealment a bit. Both great shooters and concealable.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

CJM
    Either the P239 or P225 would be great choices. I would take one of those over anything XD or Glock, any day.

Tough to be more effectively-equipped than to be carrying a P239 or P245. Fine, well-respected pieces of equipment. I, too, am a fan of the .357 Sig P239 after following the advice of a shooting buddy in the US Air Marshal Service.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

If you're willing to entertain other manufacturers you might consider the Walther PPS or M&P Shield. I own an PPS and like it a great deal although the unique location of the mag release is not for everyone.

SIG P239! You won't regret it in 5 months like other pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links