bersa thunder .45 uc pro or g38 .45 for ccw

This is a discussion on bersa thunder .45 uc pro or g38 .45 for ccw within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with bersa thunder .45 pro and the glock 38 and which you would chose over the other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: bersa thunder .45 uc pro or g38 .45 for ccw

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with bersa thunder .45 pro and the glock 38 and which you would chose over the other and why. looking for a comparison of which is better for recoil, reliability, and how concealable they are. thanks for any replies.

If those were my only two options, I would have to pick the Bersa simply because it's chambered for the .45 acp and not the G38's .45 GAP. I think the .45 GAP is rapidly going the way of the .41 AE and the .400 Corbon. It's a perfectly fine idea and there's nothing wrong with the ballistics, but finding ammo & having any variety of bullet weights is not going to be an issue that gets any better, only worse. Now, if you already own a warehouse full of .45 GAP ammo? I'm then 100% behind the GLOCK.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

appreciate the reply ghost tracker. im not very familiar with the .45 GAP and i wasnt aware that it would be harder or will start to be harder to find. i guess goin with the bersa would save me around $200 or so then if i went with the glock so thats a big bonus right of the bat. thanks again for the reply.

You're welcome friend. I realize that budget concerns are always gonna' play a factor, but I would rather have one GLOCK G36 than two Bersa UC .45 Pros. It's really a matter of whether you like external controls on a handgun or not & if you prefer/trust "value-priced" handguns or not. IMHO, the G36 represents an ideal compromise of price, performance & packability in a concealed carry .45 acp. But rent/shoot them ALL before you buy yours. You might be made for a SIG P245, Colt Commander or whatever. The shooter shouldn't try to fit the gun, it's always best the other way around!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

My Bersa Thunder 45 shoots just as well as my Glock 30SF. Bought mine in 2008 before they were labeled "Pro", but mine has the polyganol rifling, light rail and loaded chamber indicator.
    Paid a whopping $318 for the all black version. With the ambi slide release and decocker/safety, the Bersa is a little on the chubby side, but a very good gun. Glocks have more after market
    accessories available than the Bersa and night sights are very easy to find and install on Glocks. Not so much for the Bersa. Bersa DOES have one of the best out of the box DA/SA triggers on the market....
    very, very smooth and slick as a down hill slope in Vail in January.
    nightsonge and BurgerBoy like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'm with Ghost Tracker, I prefer the .45acp in the Bersa over the .45Gap, BUT people who own .45Gap's seem to love them, and people who own a Bersa, love them. Hard choice. The Glock weighs a few ounces less, and carries one more round.
    --Jason--

The only one i know that shoot the 45 GAP is the NYS troopers.... great round, hard to come by. How about the Glock 30? bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Bersa vote here. You get the added bonus of the hammer and the ability to have single action pulls after the first shot.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Bersa vote here. You get the added bonus of the hammer and the ability to have single action pulls after the first shot.
    True, but if you learn proper trigger control on your Glock, you can have a very short trigger pull on the follow up shots, if you don't release the trigger all the way.
    --Jason--

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    True, but if you learn proper trigger control on your Glock, you can have a very short trigger pull on the follow up shots, if you don't release the trigger all the way.
    Ok I was trying to be nice instead of just saying I don't care for Glocks anymore and like steel over plastic...but I took a different angle. :)
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

thats a very good point, i will keep all of that in mind ghost tracker, thanks again

thanks for all the replies everyone, im open to other options other than just those 2. i was just trying to stay in the $400-500 range but could go to $600 if i found something around that price that i felt i really needed.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Plus 1 for the Bersa.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Get the Bersa.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

hi

hi I just got bersa firestrom 380 what ammo is best to use

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links