CZ 97 BD in South Carolina?

This is a discussion on CZ 97 BD in South Carolina? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm in the market for a full-sized .45 to keep in the house and I really like what I've read about the 97 BD. The ...

Thread: CZ 97 BD in South Carolina?

I'm in the market for a full-sized .45 to keep in the house and I really like what I've read about the 97 BD. The only problem is that almost all shops in SC dont carry CZ (actually had a guy call them "commie pistols").
    Since I hate paying transfer fees, I was just wondering if any South Carolinians have seen anywhere in-state that regulary carries CZ. I've already tried the CZ dealer locator on their site but after calling many of them, they have few, if any, in stock.
    If no one knows of locations, have you ever had luck convincing a dealer to carry CZ inventory? Right now I just keep calling local stores using different voices asking why they don't carry CZ and talking about how great(and affordable) their guns are.
    Any advice would be appreciated but it's looking like I will just have to buy online.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Where are you located? "Traders" in Taylors/Greenville area will order you anything you want that they don't carry. They normally do not carry CZ's either because there doesn't appear to be a big demand for them in our area. I'm seriously considering a CZ-75 Compact in 9mm next year. Check Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com
    and
    Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop
    for items online and have them shipped to an FFL. I use a pawnshop here that charges $25.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Thanks for the info Brady. I am out of Columbia and I will definitely look into Traders but other places I've seen that will order typically have a higher price which I assume is due to them not doing regular/bulk business with CZ. And I know when you're talking $500+, $25 isn't really that much but transfer fees just irk me. I know it's a hassle for the shops but so is not being able to find the gun I want in-store, especially when I would like to hold the gun before purchase.
    Again, I do appreciate the info and I hope I don't sound like some cheap A-hole but I guess I am just a little.

Nothing wrong with being cheap. I have been looking a compact Kimbers and when I find one they want a price so close to msrp that I just turn away and sigh. I will probably buy one anyway then find one for for a lot less afterwards. that is what usually happens.

VIP Member
    Have you actually handled a 97? You might want to before buying. While I'm a big CZ fan, and own 7 of them, the 97 just didn't have the feel I've come to expect from CZ guns. Very chunky doe to the fact it is a double stack.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    Nothing wrong with being cheap. I have been looking a compact Kimbers and when I find one they want a price so close to msrp that I just turn away and sigh. I will probably buy one anyway then find one for for a lot less afterwards. that is what usually happens.
    revldm
    I understand what you mean about the Kimbers. Where are you in SC? I'll be dropping by Palmerto State Armory later today and I can price some for you. Which one are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Have you actually handled a 97? You might want to before buying. While I'm a big CZ fan, and own 7 of them, the 97 just didn't have the feel I've come to expect from CZ guns. Very chunky doe to the fact it is a double stack.
    Archer51
    Thanks for the info. I have heard that and that's why I want to see one in person before I consider buying online. My hands are slightly larger than average but I would like to handle one before "pulling the trigger". I might have to attend an out of state gun show just to be able to handle one.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I'd say buy one IF you can find one at any price or hassle.

They will be going up in price for 2013.

KEV

While I'm a big CZ fan, and own 7 of them, the 97 just didn't have the feel I've come to expect from CZ guns. Very chunky doe to the fact it is a double stack.

While I'm a big CZ fan, and own 7 of them
    In the UK? Interesting!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    No problem, my family says I cheap too. I say I'm, er... frugal.

When you price them at the LGS and see the prices online that FFL fee may not be so big. I saved $100 off LGS price when I got my LCR on gunbroker a couple years back. Don't give up on gun shows either. Amazingly I found a dealer at our local show this year who was matching online prices for the SP101, so I brought it home.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Sponsored Links