The Glock 26 is WORTHLESS

This is a discussion on The Glock 26 is WORTHLESS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; (This is the first in a series of informational posts from the class I just took.) Well, this is not my opinion, this is the ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: The Glock 26 is WORTHLESS

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

The Glock 26 is WORTHLESS

(This is the first in a series of informational posts from the class I just took.)

Well, this is not my opinion, this is the opinion of one of the instructors of the class I just took. Here is his reasoning:

• It is no less concealable than the Glock 19
    • It is impossible to grip and if you add a grip extension in any way, it makes the grip the same size as a Glock 19
    • It has a shorter barrel length which is not really a problem ballastically, but it makes the line of sight shorter and thus aiming less accurate
    • It carries less ammo

His conclusion. Why carry a G26 when you can carry a G19?
    Jarhead80 likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    LOL. Hyper-opinionated people crack me up.

Because I have two G 26's............That's why. IMHO he is spouting personally opinion and preference but for the capacity, so I would run everything he said through a heavy duty filter. Just my .02.

Hope the class was good otherwise!
    tkruf, CLASS3NH, GWarden and 3 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    I actually got a G23 instead of a 27 because I agree with SOME of his points. I def wanted a fuller grip.
    Ionracas, glockcoma and mlk18 like this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    (This is the first in a series of informational posts from the class I just took.)

Well, this is not my opinion, this is the opinion of one of the instructors of the class I just took. Here is his reasoning:

• It is impossible to grip and if you add a grip extension in any way, it makes the grip the same size as a Glock 19
    • It has a shorter barrel length which is not really a problem ballastically, but it makes the line of sight shorter and thus aiming less accurate
    • It carries less ammo

His conclusion. Why carry a G26 when you can carry a G19?

.......................... so? He's not allowed to have an opinion?
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Just for fun, I'll address his objections:

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
      Wrong. Shorter grip makes for more concealable.
      Wrong. It is not impossible to grip. Many people do it every day. In fact, if you curl your pinky under the grip, it adds tremendous stability and allows it to get back on target very quickly
      Maybe. That shorter barrel is also more rigid than a longer barrel, arguably providing for greater accuracy
    • It carries less ammo
      Wrong. It accepts mags from both the G19 and G17, as well as the 33-rounders.

See? Whec has an opinion too.

This is what Massad Ayoob said in his book "combat hand gunnery 6th edition" Pg 24 6th paragraph

The baby Glock is known for their accuracy. this is caused by the barrel and slide being a little thicker and more ridged on these short guns and also because of the double captive recoil spring that softens so effectively that it guarantees’ that the bullet is out of the barrel before the mechanism begins to unlock

He talks about grip but was pointed out to me is that the pinky does nothing to aid in grip.

Yubitsume (指詰め?, "finger shortening") is a Japanese ritual to atone for offenses to another, a way to be punished or to show sincere apology to another, by means of amputating portions of one's own little finger. It is almost exclusively performed by the Yakuza, the prominent Japanese criminal organization.
    tkruf and StormRhydr like this.

Senior Moderator
    He's a little exuberant in his position. I totally disagree that some advantages of the G19 or any other gun for that matter make the G26 worthless. I'd be willing to shoot my G26 against his G19. I don't think we'll see much difference.

Here's what the G26 can do - 4 shots each at 3, 5, 7, 10, 15 yards:

I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Dang, I better hurry up and sell my CC G26 even though I own the G19 also lmao....so stupid.
    Sambuh likes this.

It is no less concealable than the Glock 19
    Well......this is what I've been trying to portray for years.

It has a shorter barrel length which is not really a problem ballastically, but it makes the line of sight shorter and thus aiming less accurate
    I carry appendix and it's in front of me. This is the best point of carrying a baby Glock. It's CQB at this point. Forget about shooting over and through the line of people at the checkout line while the cashier is being robbed. Nobody can think of every scenario.....and I figure most CCers won't be concerned with hitting a 9" plate at the far end of the parking lot. Self defense is generally in your face.....up close and personal. If the ballistics are good......what does it matter to what extent? It's not football and moving the chains on a third down and eighteen. It's basic survival.

It carries less ammo
    And the point of that is?
    First shot is a good shot.....subsequent shots are second guesses. How many second guesses would you need? Matter of fact.......less ammo could be a good thing if you'd wish to translate human life into dollars and ammo spent.

Why carry a G26 when you can carry a G19?
    Well.........for a lot of reasons.

Instructors learned from other instructors. If it's not a math class...then everything is subject to interpretation. Basic survival can't be taught in any formal class. It's just simply going to happen when it's time. Prepare all you want to, give your hard earned money to experts for formal training, drive...fly to...or homestead at the training academy. Tactics is a game....survival is here and now.....and games end with a winner and looser. If you don't have the basics already......then there's no need in paying an instructor for their opinions. How many folks are you going to rely on when your life is fixin' to be gone? What makes you better prepared for that moment anyway? Proper schooling.....or an ultimate decision on your own behalf?
    When you're bleeding out.....whom will you seek at the last moment? Instructor or almighty God? Why hast thou forsaken me? You have your own mind......take ownership of it before you're on your deathbed.

He's right, basically. The standard-capacity G26 is no less concealable than the standard-capacity G19: it's just more so.

• It is impossible to grip ...

He's incorrect. The statement is untrue, unless one's definition of "grip" consists of only a full, four-fingered grip, though many with fewer fingers on the gun "grip" it just fine.

• ... if you add a grip extension in any way, it makes the grip the same size as a Glock 19

He's right. Grip extensions make the G26 very close in height to the G19.

• It has a shorter barrel length which is not really a problem ballastically ...

He's waffling. A shorter barrel will have lower ballistic punch, in proportion to how much shorter it is than the larger alternative. Whether one believes it to be a problem depends on one's point of view regarding minimum effective on-target ballistic "punch."

• It has a shorter barrel length ... but it makes the line of sight shorter and thus aiming less accurate

He's right, in that a shorter sight radius toughens the aiming problem. Though, whether it ends up being less accurate will depend on level of comfort/training and how well it matches the shooter's "sweet spot" (balance, weight, timing with the shooter's technique).

• It carries less ammo

He's right. If comparing the two for their design appropriateness, a standard G26 sub-compact holds fewer rounds than a standard G19 compact. If one opts to acquire separate non-standard-length magazines, then both the G26 and G19 can end up holding the same number of rounds, though I don't imagine this is what he was getting at.

• His conclusion. Why carry a G26 when you can carry a G19?

He's making assumptions, based on his personal criteria for him personally. But that ignores what benefits others find in the G26 over that of the G19. Many find a G26 to be more concealable, of sufficient accuracy, of sufficient capacity, and lighter due to reduced size and capacity.
    SIGP250 and G26Raven like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

CJM
    For myself, I wouldn't own or carry a baby Glock over their compacts, but that's just my personal opinion. To call the G26 worthless is idiotic.
    cammo and miller_man like this.

Wow. You paid for this advice?

I'd ask for a refund.
    mr.stuart, NY27, Bad Bob and 5 others like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

He's right, basically. The standard-capacity G26 is no less concealable than the standard-capacity G19: it's just more so.
    I've carried a G26 many a time in an ankle holster; I just don't believe I could get my pants over a G19.
    SIGP250, aznav, Kennydale and 3 others like this.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I've carried a G26 many a time in an ankle holster; I just don't believe I could get my pants over a G19.
    reread :)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links