The Fulcrum Trigger Kit - the ultimate Glock trigger? Just might be! Videos included.

The Fulcrum Trigger Kit - the ultimate Glock trigger? Just might be! Videos included.

This is a discussion on The Fulcrum Trigger Kit - the ultimate Glock trigger? Just might be! Videos included. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't remember what prompted me to check out one of these but I'm glad I did. The following vids not only give an overview ...

Senior Moderator

I don't remember what prompted me to check out one of these but I'm glad I did. The following vids not only give an overview of the Fulcrum Trigger Kit and how to install it yourself, but lot's of peripheral info about Glocks.

I bought the kit from the Glock Store:

GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

These things aren't cheap as you'll see from the website linked above. Whether it's worth it to you, depends on you, not me. I'm very impressed with this kit, but it leads to the same conundrum red dot sights do, am I going to set up all my SD Glocks this way? No, it's just too expensive. You may see it differently.

You can also just buy the trigger and trigger bar, but for the difference in price, about $40, you get a lot more in the full kit, especially the connector, FPB and spring and a full power and reduced power striker spring, and of lesser importance the trigger housing and ejector.

I was drawn to this by the aluminum trigger and the wider aluminum trigger safety in the trigger. The kit abounds with features. I won't repeat them here; they are enumerated on the website I linked above.

I did the installation in to phases. One with just the trigger kit per se, which produced an incredibly smooth trigger - I mean I haven't seen anything close to this in a Glock that didn't also have a lightened trigger. At this phase, the trigger pull actually increased by about 3.5 oz (average of 5 pulls) over the stock Glock 'dot' connector. But the smoothness is simply amazing.

This phase would undoubtedly be a plus in a Glock used for SD. The trigger becomes amazingly smooth with absolutely no stacking. The trigger weight goes up a bit (gen 4 only) so you don't have to be concerned about trigger pull weight reduction in a SD gun.

The second phase is to install the rest of the kit - a SS FPB (firing pin block) and lighter spring and replacing the stock 3 lb striker spring with the 2 lb striker spring that come in the kit.

The second phase produces a pretty light trigger - a 5 pull average of right at 4-3/4 lbs. I'm not sure how I feel about that for a SD gun. I know that sounds light, but it is not uncommon for 1911s to have trigger pulls set at 4.5 lbs in a SD model. Sig specs their SA triggers at 4.5 lbs, so the Glock with the full Fulcrum kit is still heavier than those. So each will have to make that call for themselves.

This is a 4 part series so I can keep with my desire to keep vids no longer than 8 minutes. It just seems to me like it's easier to watch four 7 minute vids than one 28 minute vid. Plus, that let's me group them in some logical segments, so you don't have to search through a long video to review a specific part.

I'm going to embed the first part in this thread and link parts 2 - 3.

BTW, if you let the vid run to completion, you'll see a collage of videos you can choose from. The guy on-rope in the black tee shirt and black hat is me!

Part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aHVVcoP8x4

Part 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSFxIVERbfg

Part 4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOrlPJqTyng
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Says the video is private.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Senior Moderator
    Thanks Rollo - should be PUBLC now. I had them private until I could review them on YT and forgot to make them public.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

As usual Tangle, very well done.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links