Taurus pt 24/7 g2 or Taurus pt 845? are either of these any good

This is a discussion on Taurus pt 24/7 g2 or Taurus pt 845? are either of these any good within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just wondering if either of these are any good. most people really dislike Taurus and i have no experience with them, but i really like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Taurus pt 24/7 g2 or Taurus pt 845? are either of these any good

just wondering if either of these are any good. most people really dislike Taurus and i have no experience with them, but i really like the price and i like how it looks aswell. that said looks dont save lives and i only want to spend my money on something that will be dead reliable and last. thanks for any replies and i would like any recomendations any one may have for a .45 acp that can be used for ccw. thanks again

2. Remove Ads

Many people hate Taurus so you will get flamed most likely. To answer regarding the 45, I would look at the Springfield XDs 45 (and am) for a thin 45. Glock also makes one as well but it is thicker. Concealment is different for everyone as our clothing and body types differ. The bottom line is that you have to work out what is comfortable for you.

I had a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro in 45ACP but I sold it because I guess I bought into the hype that it was not a quality firearm. My experience was nothing less than outstanding. I kept it probably two years without a single malfunction what so ever. I only put about 300 rounds through it so it was barely broken in and it was extremely accurate. I didn't regret selling it because I have other firearms for defensive purposes, I applied the funds to a Springfield XDM 45 4.5 and I am extremely satisfied as it as been flawless also.

Even if you get a Taurus that works, there are much better options out there.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by ruger91 View Post
    just wondering if either of these are any good. most people really dislike Taurus and i have no experience with them, but i really like the price and i like how it looks aswell. that said looks dont save lives and i only want to spend my money on something that will be dead reliable and last. thanks for any replies and i would like any recomendations any one may have for a .45 acp that can be used for ccw. thanks again
    Can't speak directly about these but I have a Taurus PT1911 in 45 and I like it a lot better than my Kimber Ultra Carry.

I have one of the new Taurus 24/7 G2 45 compact and have a little over 500 problem free rounds through it. I like the way it feels in my hand. If you have small hands you may not like it. Shoot really well for me. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. If you are ever near VB let me know and I will gladly let you shoot mine. God Bless

Taurus seems to be hit or miss on QC. Personally, I own two Taurii. A pt140 and pt1911. Not a problem with either, and I carry the 1911 daily. My advice, don't discount them. Break it down and look at the internals. Chatter marks, rough edges, etc are a good indicator of a bad one. If you find a clean one, go for it. I did, and I don't regret it one bit.
    pir8fan likes this.

I had a Taurus PT845 that I kept for about a week. It had issues going back into battery. The trigger also had some issues even when it did go into battery. Not something I wanted to mess with. I traded it for a Glock 30, which I then traded for a Glock 36. I don't carry the G36 (just can't attain the accuracy I need to with it). My EDC is a Springfield XD40sc. If I were going to get a carry gun in 45 today, I would more than likely get a XD compact. They just work with monotonous regularity.

I'm not a Taurus hater either. I have a PT709 with over 2200 flawless rounds through it. I love that little gun.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

i really appreciate the insight, if any one as any other .45 acp reccomendations please post. thanks again

...if any one as any other .45 acp reccomendations please post...
    THAT right THERE is gonna' cause a ruckus. Welcome to the asylum, you just opened the front gate!
    ruger91 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

My EDC is my Taurus 24 7 G2, full-size. I carry it in a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard found here, http://www.desantisholster.com/store...s/247-9mm40cal.

I have over 1000 rounds through it with great accuracy. I am a bigger guy, 6'4'', 300 lbs, so my hands are also pretty large. As stated above, if you have smaller hands, this gun probably won't work well with you.

Downfalls to this gun, the first Double-Action trigger pull, is very long. You grown accustom to it, but it is tough for the first 100 rounds or so. But as soon as it gets into Single-Action, it's a beautiful thing. I often carry it in Single-Action for this reason alone. Another downfall, the sights are good, but could be better. However, I and many others find it hard to locate more than two or three other options.

I love this gun. Have never had any failures while shooting. It's easy to take apart and clean. And Taurus's Lifetime Warranty is a definite plus. I wouldn't hesitate in suggesting it to anyone I come in touch with. I'm currently debating on getting the compact to carry as my Back-Up Gun on my ankle. I hope this helps, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

i really appreciate the insight, if any one as any other .45 acp reccomendations please post. thanks again

Ones that are a 45 compact and the same size as the Taurus 24/7 G2 45 compact but are more expensive, and can use the same holsters are the Smith&Wesson M&P 45 Compact, Springfield Armory XD 45 Compact and XDM 45 Compact. All are great choices !!! I hope this helps. God Bless

I own a Taurus 24/7 OSS DS. I have had it for 4 months now with no problems. It is barely broke in. I plan on shooting it in PPC here this week. The 24/7 is a solid platform and I think it is a great value. The only other I would recommend is the XD for the price.

I briefly owned a 24/7 several years ago. I can't give you a reading on reliability as I only put a couple hundred rounds of 45ACP through it. Mine came equipped with Heine sights. The fit and the ergonomics were nice enough and I think the gun might have worked for me but instead it served me otherwise in a trade opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Even if you get a Taurus that works, there are much better options out there.
    That is definetly the truth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links