Just bought/shot a DB9

Just bought/shot a DB9

This is a discussion on Just bought/shot a DB9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been in the market for a pocket 9 for a couple months now. I have been researching all of my possible options and ...

Thread: Just bought/shot a DB9

Just bought/shot a DB9

I have been in the market for a pocket 9 for a couple months now. I have been researching all of my possible options and made a decision while at the Orlando Gunshow. I purchased a lightly used DB9N, took it home and stripped it. Looked like it maybe had 100 rounds down range. That is about what the guy told me. He said he pocket carried it and shot a mag or two of it every time he went to the range. It was kept well and not much residue inside. Nevertheless I cleaned it and lubed her up.

I shot 150 rounds of range ammo and a box of Critical Defense through her without a single hiccup. Thank god for my autoloader because at the time I only have one mag. I have found that I am way more accurate, and the gun had way less "felt" recoil shooting both single dominant hand and single off hand, then any two hand grip. I was also able to quickly place follow up shots on target. The firearm is so small that with two hands i was catching my forward thumb with my trigger finger. I am actually happy this is the case because I prefer single hand shooting for SD firearms.

I am in the market for maybe a little hogue grip, but other than that I am happy to report I have an accurate, light, easy and fun (for me to) shoot firearm that will always be in my pocket!

PICs COMING..

Congrats! Glad you like it.

This past May my son, who lives the the Ft. Lauderdale area, gave me a DB9. Between the two of us we've shoot around 500 rounds with no issues. It is so easy to carry.

Enjoy!!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I fired 50 rounds through one and liked it, but was concerned about reliabilty issues. I had to malfunctions out of 50.

I hope yours stays true for you.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Two out of fifty, not as bad as some factory Colt 1911 I bought new...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I fired 50 rounds through one and liked it, but was concerned about reliabilty issues. I had to malfunctions out of 50.

I hope yours stays true for you.
    Thank you.

The only thing I've noticed is the first round will stovepipe if you dont rack it hard enough. Which I did on one of my last mags. The little feller was red hot and the slide is somewhat hard to rack, as are most little 9's ive played with.

Glad to hear your DB is treating you well, hope it continues to be a gem. I traded my DB380 away pretty dang quick after 20-30% failure rate in the first 300 rounds, mix of double feeds, FTE and trigger reset issues.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Only issue I've had with mine is failure to eject. I've noticed that it happens after it starts to get dirty from shooting and when the brass is a little dirty. I've fired over 100 rounds of my carry ammo though, with zero malfunctions and that is why I have no problem carrying it. (124gr Golden Saber, the clean nickel plating on the case probably helps) It's a small gun, about as small as a 9mm auto can get, so I knew it wouldn't be perfect.

I pocket carry it when I need something more concealable than my XD9sc on my belt. Works great when I'm out mowing (second job) because my pocket will keep most of the junk off of it where as my XD9 would end up getting grass and dust in it when my shirt would ride up a little.

Which I did on one of my last mags. The little feller was red hot and the slide is somewhat hard to rack, as are most little 9's ive played with.

Sponsored Links