Kimber Ultra CDP II (LG) or Ultra Crimson Carry II???

Kimber Ultra CDP II (LG) or Ultra Crimson Carry II???

This is a discussion on Kimber Ultra CDP II (LG) or Ultra Crimson Carry II??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like to get a Kimber as a new carry gun. I definately want a laser. Is the CDP II worth the additional $$$ over ...

Thread: Kimber Ultra CDP II (LG) or Ultra Crimson Carry II???

Question Kimber Ultra CDP II (LG) or Ultra Crimson Carry II???

I'd like to get a Kimber as a new carry gun. I definately want a laser. Is the CDP II worth the additional $$$ over the Crimson Carry II? I know it has the stainless slide and smooth edges, but is that it? Any recommendations?
    I also like the Springfield EMP, but by the time you add a lasergrip, it's more than the Kimber.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    I'd like to get a Kimber as a new carry gun. I definately want a laser. Is the CDP II worth the additional $$$ over the Crimson Carry II? I know it has the stainless slide and smooth edges, but is that it? Any recommendations?
    I also like the Springfield EMP, but by the time you add a lasergrip, it's more than the Kimber.
    I have the Ultra Crimson Carry II. It's worth the extra money IMHO.

If running a standard 1911 leaves you with lots of scratches and gouges, then the CDP package is worth it. I like mine (CDP Pro II - 4-incher), it's about as sharp as a bar of soap. But I also shoot my Springer TRP (with lots of sharp edges) regularly in action matches, and I rarely come home with any fresh wounds (other than my ego) after a match.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

The CDP has the Kimpro finish to reduce wear, and the stainless slide and carry melt treatment are pretty nice too. If you plan on adding actual night sights as a back up plan on adding about another $100 onto the crimson carry. The CDP comes with night sights standard and some nice checkering on the front of the grip as well. If you don't intend to add night sights at all and a little wear doesn't bother you then its a tossup between the two. Best of luck either way! I own a pro carry stainless and love it and my mom just got the CDP ultra. Very nice guns.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I don't care too much about the carry melt, but I'm not sure about the black slide on the Crimson Carry...I've never had a black slide and wonder about scratches and such.

Sponsored Links