So... Guess what's going back to S&W

This is a discussion on So... Guess what's going back to S&W within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Again For the second time for the EXACT same problem it went back to S&W for the first time. Yep... That's right. My Jframe. Action ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: So... Guess what's going back to S&W

Again
    For the second time
    for the EXACT same problem it went back to S&W for the first time.

Yep... That's right. My Jframe. Action froze up. Took it apart and the trigger lever fell out. EXACTLY the same thing that happened the first time. I am going to demand my money back so that I can buy a LCR. I am officially done with Smith.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Impossible. Everyone knows that revolvers are infallible. :)

In all seriousness, that stinks, and I'm sorry you got stuck with a lemon. I hope S&W makes it right.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

The LCR is a better gun anyway. Lighter, and a better trigger. Plus, you can get an LCR from the factory with a front night sight.

Older S&W's are ok. I don't trust any of the junk they are putting out nowadays. Might as well buy a Taurus.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Sucks Rollo. Sorry that happened to you. Maybe I am lucky, but my 442 has lived up to the positive hype. Let's us know what takes its place.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Man that bites, i have burned a lot of ammo through my little airweight, but is an older one, hope smith makes it right....that is a good reminder that not gun, auto or wheel is infallible, i have even had a problem with a pump shotgun..... sigh...none are perfect, but you do get what ya pay for and you should make them do the right thing...good luck..
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Who says lightening can't strike the same place twice. I'm not sure what you're doing to all of these guns...are you dry firing them to death with no snap caps? That's just strange. I've got 50+ year old smith snubs and a 442 that's 4 years old and I shoot the snot out of both of them. No problem.

So far, the Ruger SP101 seems to be the only Rollo-proof gun. You might want to go back to it. Given your experience with the Airweight smith, I'm not sure I'd trust a composite frame revolver if I were you. I'm just sayin.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Well it really sucks when you buy something that is represented as a protect your life with this product and right out of the box something as reliably simple as a revolver is ... defective?? And they fault pistols over revolvers EH??

You send it back for repair and it still isn't reliable??? Totally unexceptionable!!! And we're talking S&W. Not that Ruger can't have an issue ~ like I say nothing man-made is 110%, but a Ruger is the only revolver I'd ever buy.

When ever you read the specks on some factory ammo manufactures information I never read "Do Not Use This Stuff In A Ruger ( sometimes maybe a Blackhawk ) !!" but they do mention "Do Not Use This In Others ~ like S&W, Taurus, and some others too.

I've been anxiously waiting for my LGS to get in the new S&W/M&P Shields. I was by there yesterday and he told me that in S&W's hast to meet their demands they hastily released a bad defective batch. WOW now what??

So I realize nothing man-made is 110% perfect but come on ...

Distinguished Member
    Holy cow, NO WAY! Rollo, don't ever touch one of my guns! Lol
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Impossible. Everyone knows that revolvers are infallible. :)
    Exactly what I was going to say - in jest only of course just as you did.

It's inconvenient to have to return a gun to the manufacturer, but twice is down right annoying. S&W will get it right; hang in there. A year from now, and probably much less, it will be as if it never happened.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    Rollo, is it true you can demolish a wrecking ball with a rubber mallet?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Who says lightening can't strike the same place twice. I'm not sure what you're doing to all of these guns...are you dry firing them to death with no snap caps? That's just strange. I've got 50+ year old smith snubs and a 442 that's 4 years old and I shoot the snot out of both of them. No problem.

So far, the Ruger SP101 seems to be the only Rollo-proof gun. You might want to go back to it. Given your experience with the Airweight smith, I'm not sure I'd trust a composite frame revolver if I were you. I'm just sayin.
    This one has has probably a 1000 dry fires though it but with snap caps. And... If a gun won't hold up to a thousand snap cap dry fires I think it has no business being trusted. Actually, My G26 and G19 have been Rollo proof as well. I've considered the implications of a composite frame revolver... I also considered going back to the 101... The problem was I wanted something lighter. We shall see. I'm going to give it some thought today.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Rollo, is it true you can demolish a wrecking ball with a rubber mallet?
    I doubt I would need the mallet :)
    DanielC likes this.

Rollo - You're going to have to ask yourself, at this point, if you will ever really trust a S&W J frame. If the answer is no, then you're probably better off getting a LCR, than having that nagging doubt in the back of your mind.

No disrespect to the J frame lovers out there, but you cannot deny the lack of luck that Rollo has experienced. Maybe S&W has a bad lot of frames out there - who knows. But something ain't right.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I don't care what people carry. My only question is how many other people are having this issue with the j frame? Could it just be a lemon that Rollo got?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Man I feelnfornyou Rollo. Butndonthenrightnthing andngetbyourself an LCR.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links