Best Sub-Compact .45 for Concealed Carry - Page 3

Best Sub-Compact .45 for Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Best Sub-Compact .45 for Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Diddle Colt New Agent is a nice option.... just bought one, and it is awesome, but is the 1911 that they do ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Best Sub-Compact .45 for Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    Colt New Agent is a nice option....
    just bought one, and it is awesome, but is the 1911 that they do not want, but think the poster should hold one .....lol....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I sold a Kahr PM9 and Kahr MK9 for the XD-S, no regrets... it's the gun I wanted all along, they finally came out with it.
    I traded my XDs for a PM9......The Springfield company and its XDs are at a high problem rate right now and Springer
    is in denial ..They have a gun that is suggested to be shot only by a few choice expert shooters and when the gun fails they blame
    the customer......I had mine and jumped through hoops to try to get it to work and it plain failed every time with light primer strikes and failure to battery
    They picked up the gun under warrenty and sent me back a gun dripping in oil "approved" by its half cocked gunsmith.......

and it failed again and again when I got it back and when I called to complain again they suggested it was a special gun and needed to be held only a certain way....
    Well,sorry thats not how I operate nor want to protect myself ,I do not want to protect myself with a gun that cant go bang everytime no matter what,we cant have primidonnas in our holsters

Anyway,springfield is delusional and ill never buy one again....Im sure my lack of support for springer will not hurt them much
    but there is always Kahr,SIG,Glock,CZ,S&W and all are in my safe and all go bang .......

Para Ordnance might be an option. They've got several compact .45's in the lineup, such as the Carry, Companion and Stealth, as well as the HAWG variants (Hawg 7, Slim Hawg, Warthog).

ParaOrd search.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

"As compact as possible"

Given the requirement for as compact as possible in a .45, I'd have to go with the Glock 36.

cpg113 likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

i think getting a kahr in .45 is a no brainer for a current kahr owner, and they satisfy your list. I would suggest the PM45 if not for the outrageous pricetag, the cw45 seems like the answer

one gun i like that has not yet been mentioned by any poster (unless i missed it):

for myself, i'd look for a used Sig P-245

XDS ... 650 rds thru mine so far without a hitch. Recoil is less than a PF9 and very accurate for such a small firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    Given the requirement for as compact as possible in a .45, I'd have to go with the Glock 36.

I have to agree with pogo2 here...Glock 36 for the win!

The best compact .45 is the one that provides you a comfortable aim and that which you shoot well with. The rest matters little.

I would say to get a Glock 36.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Watch the flames come down. If you have to have a .45 with no safety, consider the amt backup. I have one in a box somewhere. It is reliable, goes bang when I pull the trigger and I believe retails now for about 450 bucks. The pistol was ahead of it's time with the long hard da only trigger pull. My son loves it and shoots it well. I carry the shield 9mm.

Cool

What Pogo and others have said.

Image.jpg My G-36 with EXO finish
    click image to enlarge.....

Mine is reliable with any ammo I feed it. I carry 230 grain Golden Saber or Gold Dots for SD.

Easy to maintain and more accurate then I can shoot.

OS

Whoops....... downloaded High Noon Public Secret holster with G-23 by mistake.
    Attached Images
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Check out the M&P 45c, I ordered one from Bud's a few months ago for $506. Very sweet shooting gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Luckey1115 and bigdogtx like this.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Have a AMT.45 backup I bought used it fires everything I put in it. I havesmall hands and the trigger is a bit ofareach so I likemy kahr pm45 better. Either one is easy to conceal.

the xds seems to be almost as a big of a lemon as the g36 was when it first came out, hopefully springfield can solve its issues quickly. it seems like the ones who haven't had issues are the lucky ones

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links