How many have down sized? - Page 3

How many have down sized?

This is a discussion on How many have down sized? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently started with my LCP do to its concealment abilities but I REALLY need to spend more time at the range to get comfortable. Makes ...

View Poll Results: Downsize or not?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • From large to Med.

17 10.69%
  • From med small

19 11.95%
  • Will stay with full size

17 10.69%
  • Have always carried small

27 16.98%
  • upsized from small to large

15 9.43%
  • What ever I feel like from day to day

64 40.25%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How many have down sized?

Recently started with my LCP do to its concealment abilities but I REALLY need to spend more time at the range to get comfortable. Makes me want to get something bigger for accuracy purposes.

I carry a SR9 in a CB Super Tuck and my G26 in a IWB holster and even pocket carry sometimes and my LCP with CT Laser in a pocket holster on the lighter days.

Ed
    Ed

NRA Member
    Utah CCW

I carry as large as I can get away with, up to and including 4-inch K-Frame Smith & Wesson revolvers or a full-sized Government Model Colt. No downsizing desired here.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

What is a Glock 30sf considered? Medium sized or full sized?
    I decided to carry it.
    --Jason--

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I voted "Whatever I feel like from day to day", but really, it's been a slow downsize. I used to carry a Sig 226, then a Glock 21 daily. Then, I was able to go down to a G26 most of the time. Later, I was able to go even smaller (Kahr PM9, then a P45) & now it just depends on what I'm doing. If I need small, it's a Taurus PT709, Kahr P45, or a Glock 26. If I need bigger & more capacity, then it's a Glock 19. I no longer carry a full size gun.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Administrator
    I downsize on the weight by switching to an alloy frame .45 especially in summer with shorts. The holster that I have for that particular firearm distributes the lighter weight really well and the steep forward cant conceals very well under just a T-Shirt.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Even though SIG and Glock considers the 229 and G32 compacts, I say they are full size. So, no. I still prefer a full size gun.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I choose based on my activities for the day.
    plus the weather, for me.

smallest/lightest: Kahr CM-9 and S&W 642.

biggest/heaviest: S&W 625, 4"

Depends on what I am doing, the weather, dress code for the day etc. Usually I try to dress around the gun, and carry the biggest I can get away with. Sometimes that is the P225.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I started out with the so called subcompact Glocks. They're not. Way too fat. Then I started carrying a .32 Beretta, and later a 380 LCP. It just became evident that I was getting lazy and lulled into a false sense of security by carrying these tiny caliber guns. So, I got a Ruger LC9 9mm, and carried some +p hollow point carry ammo. Then, Springfield released the XDs in my favorite round (.45), in a gun roughly the size of the LC9! Been loving it. Now, I can carry a very good caliber, in a nice small package.

I really think these .380's are dangerous. They just IMHO don't have the stopping power needed, so you're basically carrying around a noise maker that will call attention to your position, but might not actually stop the threat.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Usually a 38 snub or a PF-9, but the 45 officer and the Hi-power clone still get carried. Just recently got a S&W M64 snub and am looking at getting a decent holster for it for carry also. But would have to say the j-frame size snubs get most of the carry probably 90% of the time nowadays.

.357 LCR took the starting job of my Sig P220st. Once it gets colder out and layers of clothes are appropriate the Sig may get the nod again. Especially since I got a new IWB holster from American Holster Co
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

I go back and forth depending on what I'm doing/wearing. If it's hot and I'm just wearing shorts and t-shirt I pocket carry a LCR. Other times I will carry a Kahr CM9 in a Remora. And if I have a cover garment on I carry my XD9.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

VIP Member
    I did downsize. Went from my 45 to a Ruger LC9, but I voted whatever I feel like day to day, because there are times when my 45 comes with me. I go with the smaller lighter rigs in summer and warm weather but as the temp drops and I wear a jacket I find it easy to bring something larger. As far as the weight, yes light is nice but I don't want to get used to the lighter weights.

G26/27 is "big" for me these days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links