How many have down sized?

This is a discussion on How many have down sized? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Glock 19 is pretty big so I generally carry a Kahr CM9 in pocket holster and this seems to work good. I also have ...

View Poll Results: Downsize or not?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • From large to Med.

17 10.69%
  • From med small

19 11.95%
  • Will stay with full size

17 10.69%
  • Have always carried small

27 16.98%
  • upsized from small to large

15 9.43%
  • What ever I feel like from day to day

64 40.25%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How many have down sized?

My Glock 19 is pretty big so I generally carry a Kahr CM9 in pocket holster and this seems to work good. I also have been very impressed with reliability of Kahr.

2. Remove Ads

I switch between a HK P30L and a USPc

Its funny because even thought the P30 is bigger, the USPc is heavier. So at the end of the day, I guess it doesn't really matter.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

All guns have positive and negative qualities for certain uses or situatuions, so one good reason for having "choices" available and for buying more guns. .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

always carry a Glock 19 or Glock 26...that's not changing any time soon. I upsized my BUG from a Keltec 3AT or LCP to a Keltec PF-9, Kahr CM9 or Kahr CM40. Came to the conclusion that if I needed my second gun, I was already in a world of trouble, and the .380 simply doesn't have the ballistics I was looking for in a DRT BUG.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

lately i've been switching back and forth between a glock 17 and 19. I do carry the 19 more, so I'd say i've recently went from large to medium. Back before that I went from CW45 to m&p 9c to P220 SAS, all of which were steps up in frame size. But then, I did recently get a j frame that I'm still waiting on a holster to arrive for, so on the days that it gets carried as a primary it will be a big step down in size from either of the glocks...so...I guess you could say that I can't make up my mind.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I voted "What ever I feel like from day to day" which is normally 98% Sigma and 2% M437
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

A g19. I think it's all a trade off. My XD .45 can carry 13 rounds but is big and heavy. Smaller than the 19 they lack capacity and more often than not you carry an extender on the magazine so they are not really much smaller.

Sent via Mental Power

On duty I carry a gen4 Glock 17.
    Off duty it depends. Most of the time I carry a gen3 Glock 23C. If I'm going fishing I carry an Uberti Cattleman in 45LC. If the situation calls for fancy I carry a Ruger New Vaquero with birdshead grip in 45acp that has the high polish stainless steel finish. My fancy gun...
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I've downsized as my waist has upsized.
    10thmtn likes this.
    Hakkaa päälle!

CJM
    I shoot full size guns the best, and have no problems concealing them. I also don't mind the weight, that's what a real gun belt is for. So for me, I have absolutely no desire to "downsize". I understand why people do though, if I had to change the way I dress to conceal my sidearm, I would look at smaller options.

I actually upsized from a edc LCP to a Glock 19 and never looked back. I'll use the LCP if I have to wear limited clothing like at beach etc
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    I also don't mind the weight, that's what a real gun belt is for.
    +1. it's amazing how much stability is added and how much less weight you'll feel on your hip when you use a decent gun belt. I found out early on that just because my belt was 1.5" or more thick didn't mean I could hang a decent size gun from it.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    It depends what I'm wearing/weather etc. Thinking about a g30 as an all around carry though.

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    I've downsized in the last couple of years from necessity, not by choice. Disabling nerve damage to my lower lumbar spine has made it necessary to go from a HK USP 45C/1911 Commander to a M&P9 Shield. As with others I simply carry an additional mag to offset the difference.
    Same here: While I prefer having a 1911 Commander on my belt, the spinal nerve damage makes that all but impossible for extended carry. I've gone to a S&W 640 J-frame - at least until I can afford to build a Ti-frame CCO.
    Jack

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links