• upsized from small to large

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • What ever I feel like from day to day

Votes: 64 40.3%

How many have down sized?

6K views 58 replies 58 participants last post by  maclean3 
#1 ·
Hello all

I am asking how many have decided after a long time carrying a full size/ large frame handgun
to downsize to something lighter and smaller?

After a few decades of carrying 3lbs of metal (1911 a sig p220ss) I am contemplating switching to something small and lite.

I have not yet, because I am a 45 acp guy but now I tried out a Springfield XDS sure it holds less rds but heck I am a civilian now and don't go looking for trouble. Besides the mags are small you can carry a couple extra just incase of failures.

Post your thoughts and reasons to downsize or not.

Thanks all

Now if there is an option you want and I did not list it in the poll just mention it in your reply we'll all get the Idea.

#53 ·
On duty I carry a gen4 Glock 17.
Off duty it depends. Most of the time I carry a gen3 Glock 23C. If I'm going fishing I carry an Uberti Cattleman in 45LC. If the situation calls for fancy I carry a Ruger New Vaquero with birdshead grip in 45acp that has the high polish stainless steel finish. My fancy gun...

#55 ·
I shoot full size guns the best, and have no problems concealing them. I also don't mind the weight, that's what a real gun belt is for. So for me, I have absolutely no desire to "downsize". I understand why people do though, if I had to change the way I dress to conceal my sidearm, I would look at smaller options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.