Glock 26 = <3 - Page 2

Glock 26 = <3

This is a discussion on Glock 26 = <3 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have three Glocks, 19, 26, and 36. All three have been flawless right out of the box. The 26 is my favorite handgun. Period. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glock 26 = <3

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I have three Glocks, 19, 26, and 36. All three have been flawless right out of the box.

The 26 is my favorite handgun. Period. Full Stop.

I just click with that little gun. I have Pierce +0 grip extension on it so I get a great pinky grip. The dynamics of that little gun just seem to be a perfect match for the dynamics of my hands and arms. It places double taps an inch or two a part if I just shoot as fast as I can pull the trigger (1/4 second split times). If the first one is in COM, the second joins it a quarter second later. Once, in practice, I went through 2 magazines of ammo, drawing from cover and point shooting double taps at two different targets IIDPA targets) and only had 2 ponts off. My times were in the 3.5 second range starting with the gun under my sweatshirt, hands at sides when the timer beeped to start.

I love that little gun.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

My safe holds 5 Glocks, but the '36' travels with me everywhere.
    The Glock-26 is a fine firearm and easy to conceal.
    You will be buying more Glocks...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was also pleasantly surprised by the recoil. The weight of the gun feels perfect and the heavy slide kept the recoil down. I am getting so antsy waiting for this thing to come in.

I like mine. I find it a bit blocky and thought about selling it a time or two. But taking it to the range changes my mind every time.
    From day one it was load the mag chamber a round and pull the trigger goes bang everytime never had a failure that wasnt ammo related.
    I don't know how many rounds that has been but I've shot lots boxes of ammo through this little gun. Its more accurate than I am and makes me look good all the time. Ive thought about getting another glock but cant figure out why I need another. Between my colt 1911 cco gunsite gun and my S&W 442 I really cant see that I need another anything. Good choice!

R

Carrying Gen4 as I type this.
    In a Remora holster, very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    Thinking about buying one of these as well. I have no Glocks and have never been a fan, however I have tried hard to find an alternative that holds at least the same #s of rounds that is not any larger, and I've failed so far. Figure I will go to the fun shop this weekend and look at a few things in person to be sure, but the 26 seems likely at this point...
    When I decided to go back to carrying a full-power pistol regularly, I researched everything else out there. I've had a G27 for 7-8 yrs but wanted a fresh look at the options. Was gonna go larger (H&K P30) but the horrible trigger turned me off. My conclusion was that there still isn't another gun out there with the same combination of size, weight, capacity, and history of reliability, as well as a decent trigger. Still can't go wrong with a baby Glock.

BTW, check out the XDm 3.8 compact. I did pick up one of these in 9mm and am greatly impressed so far. Deadly accurate right out of the box and eats 124gr +P Gold Dot like it was made for them. Slightly bigger in all dimensions and slightly heavier, but great trigger and AWESOME capacity. It may make me switch back & forth

I love my G27. It's easy to conceal and I know it will go bang if I need it too.

eb
    Quote Originally Posted by gasman311 View Post
    When I decided to go back to carrying a full-power pistol regularly, I researched everything else out there. I've had a G27 for 7-8 yrs but wanted a fresh look at the options. Was gonna go larger (H&K P30) but the horrible trigger turned me off. My conclusion was that there still isn't another gun out there with the same combination of size, weight, capacity, and history of reliability, as well as a decent trigger. Still can't go wrong with a baby Glock.
    Well, I looked at the Glock 26 today, as well as the 19. In my usual fashion, I couldn't close the deal though, lol. I own a slew of handguns, and I've looked at Glocks almost each time. I own 0, so I've come to the conclusion that I just don't care for them. This is near miss # 12 at least. The 26 just feels very awkward in my hand. I liked the 19 much better, but I just have no use for that one. I've already got 9's in that general size that I like just fine.

Anyhow, to satisfy my desire for a subcompact 9mm for carry, I brought home an H&K P2000 SK instead. Went to the range and put 300 through it, and it is excellent. Very nice piece, my first H&K. I'll post up a range report and pics, etc. I'm sure next time I shop I'll look at Glock again, we'll see if the 13th time is a charm, lol. I have great respect for them... Thus far I just don't want one I guess. =\

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    Well, I looked at the Glock 26 today, as well as the 19. In my usual fashion, I couldn't close the deal though, lol. I own a slew of handguns, and I've looked at Glocks almost each time. I own 0, so I've come to the conclusion that I just don't care for them. This is near miss # 12 at least. The 26 just feels very awkward in my hand. I liked the 19 much better, but I just have no use for that one. I've already got 9's in that general size that I like just fine.

Anyhow, to satisfy my desire for a subcompact 9mm for carry, I brought home an H&K P2000 SK instead. Went to the range and put 300 through it, and it is excellent. Very nice piece, my first H&K. I'll post up a range report and pics, etc. I'm sure next time I shop I'll look at Glock again, we'll see if the 13th time is a charm, lol. I have great respect for them... Thus far I just don't want one I guess. =\
    Looked at those and love h&k stuff. Something about it just wasn't right for me, but, to each their own. That's what's great about having choices. Love the threads about "mine is best, no MINE is best!" Its so individual, once you've found what shoots/conceals best for you, then you've found YOUR best gun. Most important is practice, practice, practice...followed by carry, carry, carry.
    Philly Boy likes this.

I have six mags for my Gen. 3 G26: two 10 rds. with the Pearce pinky extender which give me two extra rounds; three(15 rds) of the G19 mags with the XGRIP sleeve; and one 31 rd. mag. What a great gun...I love it! Sold a much tricked out 19 and got a "new" used Sig, P226 in 40 cal. and that's the real deal, also .Recoil/ muzzle flip not bad at all: having it worked on some by a gunsmith and he said the Sig is in great shape for its age--- probably a late 90's or early 2000 model.As the man said, it's whatever floats YOUR BOAT!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    At my local gun shop I handled an XD, H&K, & a Glock 26. It was love at first sight and it took only one shot to seal the deal. My 26 is the smoothest shooting 9mm I ever fired.

eb
    Well said, we are fortunate to have so many options. I looked at a slew of guns, and as soon as I picked up the HK, it was done deal. You guys know the feeling. :). I'm pretty sure my first Glock would most likely be a 36. I wasn't shopping for a 45 though, but next time...

A 26 is on my short list, too, but I've got something VERY comparable in size to it in my CZ alloy Rami 9. If you want a GORGEOUS handgun that's just as reliable, though a little heavier, check out the CZ. I have 2-10 rd mags and 2-14 rd mags with it. The DA trigger is similar in pull to an LCR (very good) but the subsequent SA pulls are a dream!

My personal preference: I don't really like DA/SA autos. Give me a SA like a 1911 or a striker fired pistol like the Glock and similar guns. It's important to me to have the same feel from first shot to subsequent shots. But that's just me I guess. I even prefer some DA only's. At least they are consistent from shot to shot, and some of the DA guns like the LCR have a great trigger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links