Glock 26 = <3 - Page 3

Glock 26 = <3

This is a discussion on Glock 26 = <3 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SmokinFool My personal preference: I don't really like DA/SA autos. Give me a SA like a 1911 or a striker fired pistol ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glock 26 = <3

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    My personal preference: I don't really like DA/SA autos. Give me a SA like a 1911 or a striker fired pistol like the Glock and similar guns. It's important to me to have the same feel from first shot to subsequent shots. But that's just me I guess. I even prefer some DA only's. At least they are consistent from shot to shot, and some of the DA guns like the LCR have a great trigger.
    This is one of the big reasons I opted for the Glock. As stated before I carry a Taurus. Yes I know a lot of you hate on it but to this point it has been a great gun. The gun on single action is awesome and I love the feeling of it and the Glock is similar just with a LOT less slop in the trigger.

eb
    I looked at a CZ rami compact and loved it. However, it had no decocker and I wont carry cocked and locked. Bringing the hammer down by pulling the trigger isnt good either. They make a version with night sights and a decocker, but the gun store could not source one. I was sold on it til then. I plan to get one eventually...

Been carrying my G26 for over 4 years. I love the little beast. A few times I was tempted to switch to something smaller and lighter. Then I grabbed my ears and pulled my head out of my butt. The longer I carry and shoot it, the more I like it!
    Question Everything!

I shot my wife's Gen 3 Model 26 in a local IDPA match last night and it worked flawlessly. When they post the scores I'll know how I did compared to the other shooters, but generally speaking it felt GOOD! I've got a Gen 4 waiting for me in my home state and will pick it up from my FFL as soon as I return. Can't wait!

It's taken me seven years and LOTS of Glocks to decide that this is the model I want to carry and defend my home and car with ... in fact, I'll be a 1gunSnowbird in a short while and that one gun will be a Glock 26. Load 'er up with Federal 115 +P+ hollow points and even Massad Ayoob says he'd be a happy camper (so how can I go wrong?).

Congratulations.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I do love my Glock 26. Though I must confess I carry my Glock 19 more often then not. I do love my Glock 26 but I can carry my Glock 19 just as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I do love my Glock 26. Though I must confess I carry my Glock 19 more often then not. I do love my Glock 26 but I can carry my Glock 19 just as easily.
    that's good to know I've been really tempteded to make the purchase but my 19 conceals just fine.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

I have a Glock 26 and a 19, and my little 26 is just a joy to carry. It snugs right up to me in my kholster and i am thinking of ditching my 19 in favor of a Gen 4 26.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Did I mention how much I love my Glock 26? I love it, I really do!
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Never been a Glock fan but I must say that the G26 and G27 are two fine, fine firearms.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

"Glock 26=<3" Glock 26 equals less than 3. What does the title of this thread mean?

Quote Originally Posted by globetruck View Post
    "Glock 26=<3" Glock 26 equals less than 3. What does the title of this thread mean?
    It is the mathematical equation of relativity defining the amorous relationship between a man and his Glock

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I just picked up a g4-G30sf- went to the range with it today,Sweet trigger pull put 150 through it it's going to be my new primary after a bit more range time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    My personal preference: I don't really like DA/SA autos. Give me a SA like a 1911 or a striker fired pistol like the Glock and similar guns. It's important to me to have the same feel from first shot to subsequent shots. But that's just me I guess. I even prefer some DA only's. At least they are consistent from shot to shot, and some of the DA guns like the LCR have a great trigger.
    I agree, the DA/SA can be disconcerting at first, but training takes care of that. I barely notice the transition when shooting fast, and IMO the DA trains you to have better trigger control.

I was looking hard at the G26, but when I started carrying appendix I went with the CZ Rami because of the external hammer. My thumb is always on the hammer when holstering, so no worries about "glock leg" (especially ugly/possibly fatal when carrying appendix).

Well gun should be here Wednesday... Thursday at the latest. I ordered a Ghost 3.5lb connector so im waiting for that as well. Got a gun show this Saturday so I am going to buy some cheap ammo and have a long range day Sunday. CAN NOT WAIT!

Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    I still need to get me a G26.
    I did go out and get me a Glock 26.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links