Glock 26 = <3

This is a discussion on Glock 26 = <3 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SmokinFool My personal preference: I don't really like DA/SA autos. Give me a SA like a 1911 or a striker fired pistol ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glock 26 = <3

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    My personal preference: I don't really like DA/SA autos. Give me a SA like a 1911 or a striker fired pistol like the Glock and similar guns. It's important to me to have the same feel from first shot to subsequent shots. But that's just me I guess. I even prefer some DA only's. At least they are consistent from shot to shot, and some of the DA guns like the LCR have a great trigger.
    This is one of the big reasons I opted for the Glock. As stated before I carry a Taurus. Yes I know a lot of you hate on it but to this point it has been a great gun. The gun on single action is awesome and I love the feeling of it and the Glock is similar just with a LOT less slop in the trigger.

eb
    I looked at a CZ rami compact and loved it. However, it had no decocker and I wont carry cocked and locked. Bringing the hammer down by pulling the trigger isnt good either. They make a version with night sights and a decocker, but the gun store could not source one. I was sold on it til then. I plan to get one eventually...

Been carrying my G26 for over 4 years. I love the little beast. A few times I was tempted to switch to something smaller and lighter. Then I grabbed my ears and pulled my head out of my butt. The longer I carry and shoot it, the more I like it!
    Question Everything!

I shot my wife's Gen 3 Model 26 in a local IDPA match last night and it worked flawlessly. When they post the scores I'll know how I did compared to the other shooters, but generally speaking it felt GOOD! I've got a Gen 4 waiting for me in my home state and will pick it up from my FFL as soon as I return. Can't wait!

It's taken me seven years and LOTS of Glocks to decide that this is the model I want to carry and defend my home and car with ... in fact, I'll be a 1gunSnowbird in a short while and that one gun will be a Glock 26. Load 'er up with Federal 115 +P+ hollow points and even Massad Ayoob says he'd be a happy camper (so how can I go wrong?).

Congratulations.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

I do love my Glock 26. Though I must confess I carry my Glock 19 more often then not. I do love my Glock 26 but I can carry my Glock 19 just as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I do love my Glock 26. Though I must confess I carry my Glock 19 more often then not. I do love my Glock 26 but I can carry my Glock 19 just as easily.
    that's good to know I've been really tempteded to make the purchase but my 19 conceals just fine.
    S&W M&P 45, Colt Delta Elite Customized

I have a Glock 26 and a 19, and my little 26 is just a joy to carry. It snugs right up to me in my kholster and i am thinking of ditching my 19 in favor of a Gen 4 26.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Did I mention how much I love my Glock 26? I love it, I really do!
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Never been a Glock fan but I must say that the G26 and G27 are two fine, fine firearms.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

"Glock 26=<3" Glock 26 equals less than 3. What does the title of this thread mean?

Quote Originally Posted by globetruck View Post
    "Glock 26=<3" Glock 26 equals less than 3. What does the title of this thread mean?
    It is the mathematical equation of relativity defining the amorous relationship between a man and his Glock

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I just picked up a g4-G30sf- went to the range with it today,Sweet trigger pull put 150 through it it's going to be my new primary after a bit more range time.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    My personal preference: I don't really like DA/SA autos. Give me a SA like a 1911 or a striker fired pistol like the Glock and similar guns. It's important to me to have the same feel from first shot to subsequent shots. But that's just me I guess. I even prefer some DA only's. At least they are consistent from shot to shot, and some of the DA guns like the LCR have a great trigger.
    I agree, the DA/SA can be disconcerting at first, but training takes care of that. I barely notice the transition when shooting fast, and IMO the DA trains you to have better trigger control.

I was looking hard at the G26, but when I started carrying appendix I went with the CZ Rami because of the external hammer. My thumb is always on the hammer when holstering, so no worries about "glock leg" (especially ugly/possibly fatal when carrying appendix).

Well gun should be here Wednesday... Thursday at the latest. I ordered a Ghost 3.5lb connector so im waiting for that as well. Got a gun show this Saturday so I am going to buy some cheap ammo and have a long range day Sunday. CAN NOT WAIT!

Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    I still need to get me a G26.
    I did go out and get me a Glock 26.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links